This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Cylindrocladium species are associated with various hosts and induce symptoms ranging from leaf spots to cutting and pod rot. Taxa in this complex are especially important in tropical and subtropical regions throughout the world. These fungi affect an array of plants including rhododendron, conifers, eucalyptus, ginkgo biloba, macadamia, peanuts, papaya, soybeans, and various other plants.
Taxonomy and Pathology of Cylindrocladium (Calonectria) and Allied Genera covers over 50 species, including discussions of baiting and isolation, pathogenicity, diseases and symptoms, disease control, morphological methods and features, cultures, molecular and other techniques for species identification, phylogeny based on sequence data, treatment of species, and much more.
This essential resource features:
- Complete illustrations to assist in the visual identification of species and morphological structures
- Photographs of plant disease symptoms enabling growers to visually identify diseases that affect their crops
- Data on the worldwide distribution of pathogens provides reliable information on geographical trends
- Detailed keys to species and genera aiding in the identification of species and their morphological structures
- Descriptions of improved laboratory techniques for isolation, culturing, and molecular comparisons, allowing greater degree of accuracy
- Cultural and morphological characteristics of all fungal species studied allow quick and accurate identification of taxa
- Current taxonomy that assists readers in identifying species and integrates anamorph and teleomorph morphology
- Current phylogeny and tabulation of GenBank sequence providing a solid basis for all future molecular work
- A section on disease control providing an overview of the methods employed for the disease control of different taxa
- Current literature on Cylindrocladium and related genera helping readers interpret current research findings and trends
- A detailed literature review, general index, host and substrate index, and glossary for easy navigation and quick and accurate diagnosis
- Tabulated abbreviations and data on fungicides allows for quick extraction of valuable data
Mycologists, Plant Pathologists, Forest Pathologists, Diagnosticians, Extension Officers, and anyone interested in Cylindrocladium or allied genera will find this resource useful in the field, the disease clinic, and the laboratory.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
This is a most impressive contribution destined to be of lasting value to both mycologists and plant pathologists, and is made available at a most reasonable price. --Mycotaxon
If you need to work with fungi from this large and economically diverse group, this is the only reference you need. --Mycologist
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Amer Phytopathological Society. Condition: New. Paperback. Worldwide shipping. FREE fast shipping inside USA (express 2-3 day delivery also available). Tracking service included. Ships from United States of America. Seller Inventory # 0890542902
Book Description Amer Phytopathological Society, 2002. Paperback. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # DADAX0890542902
Book Description Amer Phytopathological Society, 2002. Paperback. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0890542902
Book Description Amer Phytopathological Society, 2002. Paperback. Condition: Brand New. 278 pages. 9.75x6.75x0.50 inches. In Stock. Seller Inventory # 0890542902