This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Statistics courses frequently gloss over the foundations of statistical analysis and concentrate solely on method. As a result, students are able to perform the techniques, but do not know when to utilize them or how to interpret results incorporating statistical methods. Designed to give geography students a solid understanding of key statistical concepts, this in-depth text both presents basic techniques and fully explores their meaning and importance. Structured for optimal classroom use, the book includes helpful student exercises with answer keys. Four broad sections provide comprehensive coverage of descriptive statistics, inferential statistics, statistical relationships between two variables, and modern methods of analysis.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
James Burt is Professor of Geography at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, where he teaches climatology, quantitative methods, and computer cartography. He papers have appeared in such publications as «MDUL»Climatic Change«MDNM»«MDNM», «MDUL»Geographical Analysis«MDNM», «MDUL»Physical Geography«MDNM», «MDUL»Water Resources Research«MDNM», «MDUL»Publications in Climatology«MDNM», and the «MDUL»Annals of the Association of American Geographers«MDNM».
1. Statistics and Geography
I. Descriptive Statistics
2. Univariate Descriptive Statistics
3. Descriptive Statistics for Spatial Distributions
4. Concepts of Time Series Analysis
II. Inferential Statistics
5. Elementary Probability Theory
6. Random Variables and Probability Distributions
8. Parametric Statistical Inference: Estimation
9. Parametric Statistical Inference: Hypothesis Testing
10. Parametric Statistical Inference: Two Sample Tests
11. Nonparametric Statistics
III. Statistical Relationships between Two Variables
12. Correlation Analysis
13. Introduction to Regression Analysis
14. Inferential Aspects of Regression Analysis
15. Time Series Analysis
16. Exploratory Data Analysis
17. Computer-Intensive Methods
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description The Guilford Press, 1995. Hardcover. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110898622824
Book Description The Guilford Press, 1995. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0898622824