This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
During the past decade, the field of child and adolescent personality assessment has assumed both a more prominent position and a more complex identity. The general trend toward developmental and social learning theory and the passing of current legislation (most notably PL 94-142) have brought into sharper focus the need for assessing young people who are emotionally disturbed and/or behaviorally disordered. There is now available a variety of models that conceptualize personality problems in non-adult populations, and there has been a corresponding increase in the number of relevant assessment instruments, yielding to date a sizable body of data. Relating the full breadth of this growing field in terms of its conceptual and theoretical expansion as well as its clinical practice, THE ASSESSMENT OF CHILD AND ADOLESCENT PERSONALITY presents truly comprehensive coverage of this dynamic area.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Howard M. Knoff is Director of the School Psychology Program and an Associate Professor in that department at the University of South Florida in Tampa. Formerly on the School Psychology faculty at the State University of New York at Albany, he received his M.S. and Ph.D. from Syracuse University.
Author of numerous journal articles and book chapters, Knoff has presented over 100 papers or workshops across the United States. A Fellow of Division 16 of the American Psychological Association, he is a Past President (1989 - 1990) of the National Association of School Psychologists. In 1989, he was the recipient of Division 16's Lightner Witmer Award in recognition of early career contributions to the field and profession of school psychology.
I. THEORIES, ISSUES, AND PROCEDURES
1. Identifying and Classifying Children and Adolescents: Theories, Systems, and Issues, Knoff
2. Legal and Ethical Issues, DeMers
3. A Conceptual Model and Pragmatic Approach, Knoff
II. TECHNIQUES WITH CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS
4. The Diagnostic Interview Process, Nuttal & Ivey
5. Assessing Children and Adolescents with Rorschah, Weiner
6. Thematic Approaches with Children and Adolescents, Obrzut & Boliek
7. Projective Drawings, Cummings
8. The Sentence Completion Techniques, Hart
9. Personality Inventory for Children: Approaches to Actuarial Assessment in Clinic and School Settings, Lachar, Kline, & Boersma
10. Behavior Rating Scale Approaches, Martin, Hooper, & Snow
11. Behavioral Obsevation Approaches, Keller
12. Family Assessment Approaches and Procedures, Brassard
13. Ecological Assessment Procedures, Garbarino & Kapadi
14. Actuarial and Automated Personality Assessment, Brown
III. MOVING FROM PERSONALITY ASSESSMENT TO INTERVENTION
15. The Personality Assessment Report and the Feedback and Planning Conference, Knoff
16. Intervention and the Change Process: Using Theoretical Assessment Models and Consultation Processes, Knoff
17. Personality Assessment and Individual Therapeutic Interventions, Prout
IV. SUMMATION AND INTEGRATION
18. Conclusion and Future Needs, Knoff
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Guilford Press, 1986. Hardcover. Condition: New. 1. Seller Inventory # DADAX0898626684
Book Description The Guilford Press, 1986. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0898626684