Microtexture Determination and Its Applications (Book)

0 avg rating
( 0 ratings by Goodreads )
 
9780901716354: Microtexture Determination and Its Applications (Book)

The characterisation of microstructure is a cornerstone in the study of both natural and technological materials. In the widest sense this topic encompasses for all phases present: morphology, including size and shape distributions; chemical composition; and crystallographic parameters, including orientation and orientation relationships. A landmark advance for the materials community occurred with the genesis of ‘microtexture’, which for the first time provided integration of crystallographic parameters and other aspects of the microstructure. Microtexture can be defined as ‘a population of crystallographic orientations whose individual components are linked to their location within the microstructure’.

The term microtexture can also be applied to any experimental technique used to determine this information. Essentially, atomic planes in the sampled volume of specimen diffract a stationary beam of electrons. Analysis of the resulting diffraction pattern provides crystallographic information which can be related back to its position of origin. An estimated 95% of microtexture determination is by electron backscatter diffraction (EBSD) in a scanning electron microscope (SEM), with the remaining 5% contributed mainly by transmission electron microscopy (TEM) counterparts to EBSD. Evaluation (indexing) of EBSD diffraction patterns and output of data in a variety of formats is in most cases fully automated. The most exciting EBSD output is an ‘orientation map’, which is a quantitative depiction of the microstructure in terms of its orientation constituents.

Microtexture determination is now firmly established as the most comprehensive experimental tool for quantitative characterisation and analysis of microstructure, and is used extensively in both research and industry. Much has changed since this book was first published and the second edition has been completely rewritten to reflect these developments.

"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.

About the Author:

fm.author_biographical_note4

Randle, Department of Materials Engineering, University College of Swansea, UK.

"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.

Buy Used View Book
List Price: US$ 80.00
US$ 199.99

Convert Currency

Shipping: US$ 3.99
Within U.S.A.

Destination, Rates & Speeds

Add to Basket

Top Search Results from the AbeBooks Marketplace

1.

Randle, Valerie
Published by Maney Pub (1992)
ISBN 10: 0901716359 ISBN 13: 9780901716354
Used Hardcover Quantity Available: 1
Seller:
HPB-Dallas
(Dallas, TX, U.S.A.)
Rating
[?]

Book Description Maney Pub, 1992. Hardcover. Book Condition: Good. Item may show signs of shelf wear. Pages may include limited notes and highlighting. Includes supplemental or companion materials if applicable. Access codes may or may not work. Connecting readers since 1972. Customer service is our top priority. Bookseller Inventory # mon0000829544

More Information About This Seller | Ask Bookseller a Question

Buy Used
US$ 199.99
Convert Currency

Add to Basket

Shipping: US$ 3.99
Within U.S.A.
Destination, Rates & Speeds