Few of us fully appreciate what the costs of owning and operating a car amount to over the course of a lifetime. The estimated average cost of owning and operating a standard-size automobile over the expected driving lifetime now is over $320,000 - more than a quarter of a million dollars! All told, you probably will spend more of your disposable income on automobiles than on virtually anything else, except food and shelter.
Of course, car prices will only increase and you and your family's drivers need to know about the long-term costs of owning and operating different types of cars. The 2008 updated edition of our popular book contains much valuable information for anyone who owns a car or has plans to buy a new or used car. It tells you:
* How to keep your automobile expenses in perspective.
* When to by new and when to buy used.
* How to determine dealer costs.
* How to use the N.A.D.A. Official Used Car Guide
* How to understand and compare leasing deals.
* Whether to buy for cash, to borrow, or to lease.
* How to buy cars that retain the most resale value.
* It also includes value rankings of 2003-2007 used cars, light pickups, sport utility vehicles, and vans. Whether you are buying new or used, you should consider the investment value of your automobile.
What your Car Really Costs also is useful for younger drivers who may be looking for their first car. The actual costs of owning and operating an automobile are far more than simply making the monthly payment. You can help protect your family's financial future by introducing your young drivers to the fundamental financial demands of car ownership.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
American Institute for Economic Research (AIER) conducts independent, scientific, economic research to educate individuals, thereby advancing their personal interests and those of the Nation.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description American Institute for Economic Research (AIER), 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: New. New Paperback. An Unused, unmarked and unblemished copy.; 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed! Ships same or next business day!. Bookseller Inventory # 51701100113
Book Description American Institute for Economic Research (AIER), 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M091361064X