- Fabulous Frieda Pushnik was more than a lady with no arms and legs. She was a Palmer penmanship pro, a painter and a crochet aficionado. You could easily say she was DISARMINGLY TALENTED
- Giant rats, gypsies, and the most famous three-legged man of them all! If that sounds like your ideal summer job, well then you sound just like our pal, Walt Hudson. He's our very own CONEY ISLAND BABY
- You'll never meet a character more colorful than Red Stuart. He's a true-blue-through-and-through carnie. Sometimes, he's rolling in the green. While other times, a black cloud seems to hang over his head. One thing is for certain, he would absolutely want you to HAVE A RED ONE
- Don't doubt our veracity! We verily aver these Victorian variety amusements are available for viewing in THE STRAND
- Don Boles (aka Rex Dane) was a midnight movie mentalist and magician in addition to being MENTAL AS ANYTHING
- These girls really know how to turn heads! Everyone slows down to take a gander at them. Don't be embarrassed if they catch you RUBBER NECKING
- Love! Romance! Betrayal! Sappiness! You're in for this and so much more when we return to the golden age of comics and examine why we are DRAWN TO CARNIES
- Don't call one of those animal advocacy groups. No Pulex Irritans were harmed in the publication of this periodical. These vivacious vermin are simply chomping at the bit to have their stories told here. Why, I'll be doggone if these petite performers aren't FLEAS TO MEET YOU
- Who wouldn't welcome a return to the good ole days of genteel popular amusement? You know, back when the unwashed masses weren't nearly so unwashed. Since said era never truly existed, you'll have to forgo turning back the hands of time and instead try TURNING ON A DIME
- Without sounding too world-weary, we've seen some very strange things in our time. But the almost human gorilla is the top banana of bizarre. Don't believe me? Well, I'll be a MONKEY'S UNCLE
- It's time to bring out the big guns! And guns don't get much bigger than cannons. And the number-one-with-a-bullet fav of audiences everywhere was The Great Wilno. Let him tell you about spending his life staring down the barrel of a gun in NICE SHOT
- And much more!
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
From the Author
Every volume of Shocked and Amazed is chock full of first-time, exclusive interviews with the showmen and performers themselves, features reprints of some of the greatest articles and stories about the shows ever written. And of course every issue is highlighted with dozens of never-before-published photos and original artwork. You'll see the acts as they're performed and the performers as they ready themselves for the shows and relax at home. Shocked and Amazed is an unblinking look at the hows, whys and wherefores of a business whose sole purpose is fun, awe and wonderment, the business, "by tradition, half as old as time." --Dolphin-Moon Press
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.