This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Book Description Publication Date: September 1990 This is the long-awaited, expanded, redesigned, reader-friendly Second Edition of the best-selling, critically acclaimed first book describing the language link between mind and body. This Second Edition contains 100 extra pages of information plus an extensive resource list, index and instructions for 53 self-help experiences. Watch what you say! is not just a phrase for the children in your life. This book thoroughly examines the link between language and disease. Levine teaches "Verbal Hygiene" to avoid dis-easing language that sabotages wellness. She traces common phrases like "that breaks my heart" and "it's a pain in the butt" to the underlying beliefs on which they are based and the symptoms they cause. Readers learn to decode physical sensations and discover their underlying Core Beliefs and Seedthoughts. Levine writes from her own experience having brain surgery to remove a tumor AND includes information from experts in psychology, religion and medicine plus an article by Bernie Siegel on Dreams And Drawings. Levine shows that our physical symptoms may result from using dis-easing language. AND she teaches readers how to use language to EASE symptoms and improve their health and well-being.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
A very heart-warming positive and exciting book! I highly recommend it as must reading for every person or family with a chronic illness no matter if it's cancer multiple sclerosis arthritis etc.
-Susan L. Engle-Arieli M.D.
Not only is it clearly written and a delight for a critical ex-medical editor to read but it contains a wealth of practical ideas for healing and the self-help directions for carrying them out.
-Robert A Barrett Ph.D.
There are 53 Self Help Experiences in this new edition. They are: 1. Practice in Self-Awareness Makes Perfect
2. Progressive Muscle Relaxation
3. The Pendulum
4. Developing Inner Peace and Harmonizing Your Thoughts
5. Is "Cancer" a Verb?
6. Questions for Patients with Catastrophic Illness
7. Giving Reasons
8. 21 Questions to Inventory Your Feelings
9. Choosing Thoughts: The Worry Wart Exercise
11. Changing Upsetting Thoughts
12. Mirror Feedback
13. Names as Seedthoughts
14. Witnessing Practice: Paying Attention to Yourself
15. Questions for Illness
16. Journal Writing
17. Verbal Hygiene I
18. Verbal Hygiene II-Group Seedthoughts
19. Verbal Hygiene III-Words That Wound & Words That Heal 20. Releasing Painful Emotion
21. I Believe...
22. Making Believe
23. Take a Stand
24. Recognizing and Re-Thinking Unhelpful Thoughts
25. Positive Expectations in Negative Situations
26. Helpful Reminders
27. Feedback On Your Style
28. Talking to Children
29. Creating Your Own Self-Help Manual
30. Understanding Pain Messages
31. The Truth Process
32. Relaxation Activities
33. Mindfulness Meditation
34. A Ten-Step Plan to Improve Your Life
35. Personal Prayers
36. Who's Responsible for Me?
37. Chanting Exercises 38. The Breath Prayer 39. Prayers to Memorize for Stressful Times
40. Silent Sitting Meditation
41 Linda Zelizer's Guidelines For Self-Hypnosis and Creating Affirmations 42. Dr. Emmet Miller's Guidelines for Visualization
43. Biblical Scriptures A Affirmations and Change Agent 44. To Sleep, To Dream, To Remember 45. How to Work with Dreams
46 Writing Yourself to Wholeness
47 Visualization for Strengthening the Immune System
48 Changing Attitudes
49 The Daydreaming Exercise; Imaging to Help the Planet 50. Starting a Support Group-The Bliss Group
51. Laughter as Medicine 52. Prayers for Healing 53.
18 IDEAS FOR LIVING
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Aslan Pub, 1990. Paperback. Condition: New. Brand New!. Seller Inventory # VIB0944031072
Book Description Aslan Pub, 1990. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110944031072
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # STRM-0944031072
Book Description Aslan Publishing, 1990. Paperback. Condition: New. Reissue. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Seller Inventory # 0944031072n