The greatest German offensive since Normandy , the 'Bulge' was as big a shock to the Allies as Barbarossa and Pearl Harbor, with fighting on the scale of the Normandy campaign. Hitler's latest tanks and weapons were stock-piled and elite units concentrated to spearhead this audacious attempt to cross the Meuse, capture Antwerp and split the Allied armies in two.
Facing them were just four American infantry divisions and supporting units. However, as the fighting pushed further west, US armor, infantry and parachute forces (and a few British units) were thrown into limiting and then recapturing the huge 'Bulge' in the Allied line formed by the German gains.
RAPID FIRE! Battle of the Bulge recreates the winter battle for the forests, hills and villages of the Ardennes region in 1944/45. Detailed research - including three visits to the Ardennes battle sites in winter - gives the games in this book added authenticity, with the usual RF! attention to playability. You'll also find plenty of information to help you create your own 'Bulge' armies and typical scenarios.
· 72 pages in full color!
· 63 photographs of the wargames models used to play the games and the battle sites today.
· 20 pictorial orbats for typical and scenario-specific German and American Battle of the Bulge units, plus many more in table form.
· 10 scenarios - split between large and small games - with history, orbats, special rules, battle maps, tactical tips and design decisions.
· A unique 'what if?' mini-campaign, simulating the Allies' greatest fear: a breakthrough to the River Meuse by Kampfgruppe Peiper.
Scenery, uniform and vehicle camouflage tips.
· Maps showing key locations and Kampfgruppe Peiper's route. Many transferable units and rules for other NW Europe games.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Rapid Fire Publications, 2007. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0955006317
Book Description Rapid Fire Publications, 2007. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110955006317