This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Commonwealth Education Partnerships is the essential overview of education in the Commonwealth.
In 2009 in Malaysia, the Commonwealth will celebrate 50 years since its first ministerial conference on education. The articles in this volume look at the education-related Millennium Development Goals and how far these have been achieved, and raise issues which will be addressed at the 17th Conference of Commonwealth Education Ministers in Malaysia in 2009.
The publication includes:
* responses to the challenges of HIV/AIDS through education
* contribution of open, distance and flexible learning to education and development
* supporting teachers in delivering quality education
* promoting gender equality
* education profiles of each member country
* a directory of Commonwealth education and research contacts.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Dr Dirk Willem te Velde is a Research Fellow at the Overseas Development Institute. He leads the Investment and Growth programme, has published widely on these subjects and advises developing country governments and development agencies.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Commonwealth Secretariat, 2010. Paperback. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # DADAX0956306004
Book Description Commonwealth Secretariat, 2010. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0956306004
Book Description Commonwealth Secretarial, 2009. Paperback. Condition: Brand New. 384 pages. 11.25x8.00x0.75 inches. In Stock. Seller Inventory # 0956306004