Let Southbound take you back over 1,000 years—through the mists of time to a long forgotten era of southern African splendor and prosperity—and uncover the myths and legends of a noble culture ... the kingdom of Mapungubwe on the Limpopo River.
* Mapungubwe, the cultural icon that predates, and inspired, Great Zimbabwe
* Other sites—Schroda, K2 and Thulamela—and how these cultures mysteriously disappeared
* The exquisite Golden Rhino and other archaeological treasures that tell of a thriving trade with the Arabs of the East Coast yet ignored and suppressed by colonial and apartheid powers for ideological reasons
* The ecology, climate, fauna and flora
* Detailed maps, color photographs, route guides
* Comprehensive tourist listings
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
DAVID FLEMINGER’S first book, Back Roads of the Cape, was published in 2005. He has also written 6 other guides in the Southbound Pocket Guides series. He has also worked in many different aspects of the media industry—as a scriptwriter, director, editor, post-production supervisor, interviewer and producer. He has written and directed theatre shows, TV series and educational videos and is studying for an MA in Tourism & Heritage Studies at Wits University. A born-and-bred Jo’burger, he lives in the northern suburbs with sundry pets and housemates. Much to his mother’s mounting despair he is still single but spends his time watching theatre, cricket and walking his dogs in the park.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Oct 31, 2004. Book Condition: Used: Good. Dispatch from UK seller, used, OK condition, showing first signs of shelf wear, Bookseller Inventory # M08_5413_JZ_04/17