This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
CHINESE HERBAL PATENT MEDICINES is the long-awaited revision of Jake Fratkin's Chinese Herbal Patent Formulas (1987). It offers a complete listing of 1280 herbal products from mainland China that are available in North America.
This CLINICAL DESK REFERENCE is a complete guide, providing a practical resource for acupuncturists, herbalists, naturopaths, as well as western doctors and veterinarians practicing natural medicine.
· A complete listing of 1280 products with 850 formula descriptions.
· Each product contains energetic applications, symptoms, clinical comments, cautions, and ingredient percentages.
· Includes over 550 GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) level products: Plum Flower, Herbal Times, Minshan, Bio Essence and Tanglong.
· 80 pages of color photos with Chinese characters for identification of 1150 products.
· A complete listing of California Food and Drug Branch toxicology reports on heavy metals, added pharmaceuticals, and pesticides, as well as a listing of endangered wildlife.
· Eighteen indexes, including herbal and medical glossaries in Chinese, herbal cross reference of 675 herbs, and source medical classics of the formulas.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Jake Paul Fratkin has been in the practice of Oriental Medicine since 1978, specializing in Chinese herbal medicine and Japanese style acupuncture. He frequently lectures in the U.S. and abroad, and is considered an authority on Chinese herbal products.
Dr. Fratkin is the author of Chinese Herbal Patent Formulas, 1987, and is a frequent contributor to California Journal of Oriental Medicine and North American Journal of Oriental Medicine.Review:
"A tour de force positioned to be the English language reference for Chinese herbal patent medicines." -- William R. Morris, O.M.D., L.Ac.
"Jake Fratkin has outdone himself and produced a sorely needed, comprehensive, English language review of herbal medicines manufactured in China." -- Efrem Korngold, OMD
"The information about each patent medicine is succinct and easy to find – a feature that is extremely useful." -- Dagmar Ehling, DOM
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Shya Publications, 2001. Hardcover. Condition: New. Brand New!. Seller Inventory # VIB0962607843
Book Description Shya Publications, 2001. Hardcover. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110962607843
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # STR-0962607843
Book Description Shya Publications, 2001. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0962607843