The finest guidebook ever written for Kaua'i. Now you can plan your best vacation--ever. This all new ninth edition is a candid, humorous guide to everything there is to see and do on the island. Best-selling author and longtime Hawai'i resident, Andrew Doughty, unlocks the secrets of an island so lush and diverse that many visitors never realize all that it has to offer. Explore with him as he reveals breathtaking trails, secluded beaches, pristine reefs, delicious places to dine, relaxing resorts, exciting waterfalls, colorful canyons and so much more. Every restaurant, activity provider, business and resort is reviewed personally and anonymously. This book and a rental car are all you need to discover what makes Kaua'i so exciting.
• The most up-to-date and accurate information available anyplace with up-to-the-minute changes posted to our website
• Frank, brutally honest reviews of restaurants, hotels and activities show you which
companies really are the best…and which to avoid--no advertisements
• Driving tours let you structure your trip your way, point out sights not to be missed along the way and are complemented by over 100 spectacular color photographs
• 15 specially-created maps in an easy-to-follow format with mile markers--so you'll always know where you are on the island
• Clear, concise directions to those hard-to-find places such as deserted beaches, tropical jungles, hidden waterfalls, rugged scenic coastlines, water-filled lava pools and scores of other hidden gems listed nowhere else
• Exclusive chapter on Kaua'i's beaches with detailed descriptions including ocean safety
• Unique Adventures chapter and 70 pages of exciting activities from ATVs to ziplines
• Fascinating sections on Hawai'i's history, culture, language and legends
• Companion website with links to every business, events calendar, over 70 resort reviews complete with aerial photos--so you'll know if oceanfront really means oceanfront
"The Ultimate Kauai Guidebook" covers it all--from the mile-high summit of Mt. Wai'ale'ale, to the sparkling underwater reefs. This is the best investment you can make for your Kaua'i visit. Whether you are a first time visitor, or a longtime kama'aina, you will find out more about Kaua'i from this book than from any other source. Discover the island of your dreams with "The Ultimate Kauai Guidebook."
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Most travel titles are put together in a few weeks by visiting travel writers. Wizard guidebooks take over a year to compile and the writers are residents who personally and anonymously review every facet of the island. Their maps are the best you'll find. From restaurants to helicopter companies to scuba to beaches to trails. They see it all and show you the best the island has to offer. They also reveal who's the worst and who to stay away from. All told in a frank, humorous way that keeps the reading fun.About the Author:
Andrew Doughty has been exploring and writing about the Hawaiian Islands for many years and is the best-selling guidebook writer in the United States, with millions of books in print. Andrew reviews every business anonymously and has hiked and GPSed every trail, secluded beach and special place described in his books. When he's not on the ground, you'll find him in the air in his airplane designed specifically for aerial photography.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Wizard Publications. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0963942905 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW6.1470841