This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
This set of 4 review books will prepare you for the "Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist" (RCIS) examinations. The RCIS is the national board exam which should be taken by all cardiac cath lab staff members, RNs, RTs, and CVTs. It may also be used for cardiac employee in-service and continuing education. This set of 4 books prepares readers for the RCIS exam and does NOT contain study information on CCI's CV Science exam. For information on this additional book call the author. In addition, a CD is available from Amazon, which presents all this same information, including the CV Science material. In order to prepare readers for CCI's CV Science and Invasive RCIS exams this set is/has:
* Modeled after RCIS exams
* Test taking strategies and tips
* How to study for the exams
* Thorough explanations and references
* Evaluate your weak and strong areas
* Raise your RCIS score 20%
CV REVIEW BOOKS 3rd Edition contains:
* All the Cath Lab knowledge you need
* Three inches thick with spiral binding
* Thousands of questions and answers
* Original graphics on every page
* Clearly written and illustrated
* Organized for the visual learner
* Edited by experts in the Cath Lab
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Todd's Cardiovascular Review Book -4 Vol. set
You Can Pass RCIS Exams!
This set of 4 review books will prepare you for the difficult and stressful "Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist" (RCIS) examinations. This is the national board exam which should be taken by all cardiac cath lab staff members, RNs, RTs, and CVTs. It may also be used for in-service or continuing education credits.
Some of the author's credits include:
* 5 years Cath Lab experience
* 23 years experience as a full time CVT Educator
* Takes the RCVT Exams personally every 2-3 years
* Has ranked highest RCVT in the country twice
* Has been an item writer for national RCVT exams
Now retired MR. Todd works full time developing these outstanding Invasive study materials
This set of review books includes:
* Thousands of Registry type exam questions
* Each question followed by detailed explanations
* Each question is Referenced to a standard text
* Thousands of graphics tailored for the visual learner
* Test-taking strategies and "learning crutches"
* Detailed Index and Outlines for each chapter
THE RCVT/RCIS EXAM
WHAT IS CCI's INVASIVE CV REGISTRY?
Cardiac Credentialing International (CCI) is the testing organization which tests and awards "Registry" credentials to practicing Cardiovascular Technologists. This includes RNs, RTs, and CVTs working in the cardiac cath lab. If you meet their qualifications you may take their Cardiovascular examination, offered twice a year throughout the United States. If you are an RT or RN you have been granted immunity from taking the Basic CV Science Exam. But all CVTs must pass both Basic and RCVT exams (except those graduating from CVT training programs approved by the JRCCVT). Upon passing these examinations you will be awarded the title Registered Cardiovascular Technologist and may wear the initials "RCVT" after your name. Depending on your employer, this may raise your salary or qualify you for a higher level position with increased responsibilities. Please call CCI about everything dealing with the registry process at 1(800) 326-0268.
WHAT IS CARDIOVASCULAR SELF ASSESSMENT?
We at CARDIOVASCULAR SELF ASSESSMENT do NOT certify or register individuals. We are private tutors who work for you, to help you in passing the CCI exams. We offer "Mock Exams" in several areas carefully modeled after the CCI exams. The big difference is we ASSIST you to prepare for the exam and direct your study. The "Registry" JUDGES your competency level. Since CCI's examinations have become the standard for cardiovascular technologist credentialing.
These Self Assessment Exams offer voluntary, non-threatening and accessible exams for anyone to take any time under circumstances of their choice. This will allow you to prepare in a directed way and at your own pace for the more stressful CCI exams.
WHY SHOULD I BECOME CREDENTIALED?
Everyone working in a Cardiovascular Invasive lab can attempt one of these examinations and become credentialed. Passing proves your clinical competency to your co-workers, the physicians, and your patients. The medical professions have always relied heavily on credentials and titles. Consider a how an MD's walls are filled with diplomas and board certification credentials. JCAHO accreditation guidelines also heavily rely on credentials.
Passing one of these CV exams can be a source of great pride to you. Imagine how you will feel wearing the initials RCVT or RCIS after your name. Imagine receiving the letter that says "YOU PASSED and Ranked among the top performers nationally?"
Becoming credentialed also has certain tangible benefits that can help your professional advancement. These Include:
* It may raise your salary by qualifying you for advanced skill categories. For example in Spokane Washington only Registered and state licensed CVTs can make arterial punctures and place arterial sheaths. This also increases their salary.
* It may qualify you for advancement into administrative, research, or sales jobs.
* It may qualify you for state licensure. When your state develops laws for licensure of Invasive specialists, (as many now are). You will have to pass a recognized exam to prove your competency. Do it now while your training is still fresh in your mind. These exams only get harder and more expensive with time.
* Many hospitals realize the educational benefits to employees who study for and pass these exams. They often pay for textbooks, study guides, and exam costs. It never hurts to ask.
* By modeling personal incentive, intelligence, and courage you will be recognized in ways you cannot now imagine.
* Many hospitals and professions now require continuing education credits. Continuing education is becoming mandatory since learning is now a lifelong responsibility. The ARRT and RN organizations now require continuing education to maintain their credential.
CARDIAC CATH LAB - CCI/RCVT EXAM
Cardiologists do procedures in the heart, in the Cardiac Cath Lab. These procedures include heart catheterization, Coronary Arteriography, and Coronary Angioplasty. A heart cath team consists of CVTs (Cath Techs), RN's (Nurses), and RT's (X-ray Techs). They assist cardiologists do the invasive procedures.
All team members currently working in Cardiac Cath labs are eligible to take CCI's Invasive Registry Exam. To become a Registered Cardiovascular Technologist (RCVT) candidates must pass two exams successfully: the Basic Science Exam and the Invasive Registry Exam. However, RN's, RT(R)'s and AMA approved CVT graduates are NOT required to complete the Basic CV Science exam. Exceptions and other educational/experience qualifications exist. Order your candidate's handbook by writing or calling the CCI national offices at 1-(800)-326-0268.
If you systematically and thoroughly prepare for your exam, this type of self study book can significantly raise your chance of passing.
Use this book to assess your knowledge through the enclosed mock exams. Evaluate your strong and weak areas. Concentrate your study on these weak areas, but do not neglect the basics. Formulate a study plan and study SMART by using the memory tools and study techniques discussed here.
Become test smart by practicing the various forms of multiple choice questions enclosed. Keep practicing and studying until you know you are prepared for the exam.
WHAT DO I GET WHEN I ORDER THIS SELF ASSESSMENT?
These exams were carefully modeled after the CCI exam outline and matrix, with the same number of questions in each major category. Each exam covers a broad range of general knowledge, according to the correct weighting in each category. This Self Study examination will evaluate your readiness for the CCI Registry exams, and guide your study prior to examination. Each exam package includes hundreds of mock exam questions and an exam key with explanations, study hints, and references.
CV Review Books - 3rd Ed.
* Self Study at home or in the cath lab.
* Help staff pass the Registry Exam.
* Resource for in-service educators
* Assess your cath lab knowledge and skills.
* Chapter outlines for study groups and review classes
* Mock exams for: Basic Science & Invasive Registry (RCVT/RCIS)
* New in this 2nd edition are improved graphics, many new questions, photo quality angiograms, commonly used formulas and a complete index at the end of each volume.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want