This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
A vigorous debate is taking place in our country over affirmative action, but the author argues that this is not the proper debate. The proper debate, he says, should be eliminating the Civil Rights Act in its entirety. The Act has turned out to be vastly different from what was promised by our leaders in 1964. The book argues that this story is about the betrayal of America, about a small group of the elite, many of whom acted in good faith, but had no confidence in the people. The author says the elite believe we are not capable of solving our own problems, and believe that the elite are needed to guide and rule the rest of us.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
I'm excited that my book has been praised so highly by Professor Walter E. Williams, the black economist from George Mason University who is often a guest host on the Rush Limbaugh Program, and by the other scholars who are listed here. They are wishing that everyone in the country will read it. So I'm trying my best.
Many others have agreed with me privately; but they're afraid to say so in public, not wanting to be unfairly called a "racist" or a "sexist." That's why I wrote the book. It's possible to say clearly and openly that you are against the Civil Rights Act if you understand the story. (If you understand the story, you will be against it.)
I'm a successful lawyer. But I had to take some time off to write this book revealing how we lawyers are damaging you with the Civil Rights Act. (But it's not our fault. We are supposed to represent one client at a time, not make public policy. You put us in charge!)
We need to have a reconciliation between the races and between the sexes, but we will not do so while this Act is on the books.
It is hurting everyone ... especially blacks ... and women.
This has been a big change in career for me. Only last year, I was advising over 30% of the practicing lawyers in the country about the laws and the decisions from the courts across the country in my eight newspapers for lawyers. My publishing business has been well known and respected since I started it in 1972. Both the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal wrote feature stories about the last newspaper I started. My stories appeared on the front page of USA Today, as well as on ABC World News Tonight and Good Morning America. I should have been happy and content. Instead, I was frustrated because I could not speak out about the Civil Rights Act. That would not make me popular anywhere and would have the federal government breathing down my neck.
So I sold my company because it was restricting what I could say. And I wrote this book.
I have already been on over 100 talk shows across the country. (I can't do a book tour or appear on national television because of diabetes.) Many black people and women have agreedwith me with great vigor. But all I can do on those shows is to use sound-bites, which is very frustrating. That's also the problem with this message. You won't understand why Professor Williams and the other scholars want you to see this book --- unless you hold it in your hands.
Many people tell me, "I thought this would be a right-wing book that would be difficult to read; but I was surprised, it's informative and very interesting!"
Blacks Are Being Damaged
The standard mantra is that blacks have benefited greatly from the Act and that white men are the only ones who are against quotas. That's not true. Black Americans made just as much progress in the twenty years before the Civil Rights Act was passed as they did after its passage. But even more important, the law is damaging all black people in many ways, particularly the underclass of black men who are doing so poorly, largely as the result of the Civil Rights Act. And it's the government that has always limited the progress of blacks. But no one tells you about that.
They also won't tell you that there are thousands of people making a very good living by exploiting "race" and the Civil Rights Act. They'll be fighting us with all their powerful might.
What angers me the most is when someone tells me this is a "racist society." This country is still the best in the world. I believe that 80% of all people are good, honest and hardworking and they want everyone to have a fair chance. But it's the other 20% who make so much noise that it seems like everyone is a racist or sexist.
The Civil Rights Act was probably the most popular law ever passed in the U.S. when it was enacted in 1964. Over 70% of the people demanded that it be passed.
The famous "dream" speech by Martin Luther King had just been given. He longed for a country where his children would be judged not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. All of America resonated to his dream of a color-blind society.
But somewhere our dream became unraveled. Instead of our dream, we lawyers have given you "quotas."
It's Hurting Women
This law has profoundly changed our morals and our society.
Do you realize that women were added to the Act as a prank by the Southern segregationists who thought they could kill the entire law that way? They amended the Act in two hours on a Saturday afternoon when everyone wanted to go home. And the press did notreport it. It was a "sleeper" that has drastically changed our society. You will not believe it. I had to put a caution in the book that this is not satire. It is the real story.
Most women don't realize that the basic concept of "family" is under attack by the feminists as an outdated unit of society. We are replacing it with the socialist model of Sweden where everyone goes to work and the children are the responsibility of the government.
The Civil Rights Act is behind most of the problems in our society today because it is mandating what we can talk about. One of the few ways we can still have an intelligent discussion is with talk-radio. The Act is mandating that liberal feminists dominate the faculty in our universities and the newsrooms of our newspapers and tv stations. Think I am exaggerating? Then read what the scholars say about the book. And then realize that an informed public can make a difference!From the Inside Flap:
A vigorous debate is taking place in our country over "affirmative action," -- but that is not the proper debate.
The proper debate should be about eliminating the Civil Rights Act, in its entirety.
The vast majority of us -- black and white, men and women -- have a vague feeling of unease about "Civil Rights." We're very much in favor of it. But we sense that something is terribly wrong.
Why do race and gender relations have the appearance of being much worse since the Act was passed in 1964 -- instead of better?
The vast majority of Americans enthusiastically supported the "Civil Rights Act" when it was passed in 1964 -- of course there were racists on both sides who received a tremendous amount of publicity.
But they were in the minority. (No one objected to the inclusion of sex in the Act because no one knew that it was being included. It was slipped in while no one was looking and was never taken seriously by anyone, including the press.)
The Act has turned out to be vastly different from what was promised by our leaders in 1964. This story is about the betrayal of America. It's about a small group of the "elite."
Many of the "elite" act in good faith. But they have no confidence in the people. They believe we are not capable of solving our own problems. They believe that the "elite" are needed to guide and rule the rest of us.
They see everyone in America, except themselves, as racists and sexists. About the Author
J. Edward Pawlick founded Lawyers Weekly Publications in 1972, after he had practiced law for 12 years. When he sold his company in 1997, he was publishing newspapers in seven states and advising 150,000 lawyers about opinions from their state courts and laws from their legislatures. He also published a national newspaper for lawyers which reported on the legislation and opinions from Congress and the federal courts. When the national newspaper was started in 1993, both The Wall Street Journal and The New York Times wrote features about it. Stories from his publications have been reported on the front page of USA Today, as well as on ABC World News Tonight, Good Morning America.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Mustard Seeds, Inc., Wellesley, MA, 1998. Hardcover. Condition: New. First Edition. (full book description) Mustard Seeds, Inc., Wellesley, MA, 1998. 1st Edition 1st Printing, NEW, Hard Cover, w/Dust Jacket. Size=6"x9.5", 312pgs(notes). NEW. Clean, bright and very tight. No ink names, tears, chips, foxing, etc. Price unclipped. ISBN 0966294904 SELLING WORLDWIDE SINCE 1987. WE PACK WITH GREAT CARE, 99% OF OUR BOOKS ARE SHIPPED IN CUSTOM BOXES!. Book. Seller Inventory # CONROY243210I
Book Description Mustard Seed Books, 1951. Hardcover. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # DADAX0966294904
Book Description Mustard Seed Books, 1951. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0966294904