Fully indexed collection of articles on the popular author's works, addressing such subjects as "'What Fun!' Detection as Diversion"; "Georgette Heyer and the Uses of Regency"; "Cross-Dressing in Wartime: Georgette Heyer's THE CORINTHIAN in its 1940 Context"; "Gendering Places: Georgette Heyer's Cultural Topography," to name only a few.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Georgette Heyer (1902-1974) wrote 56 best-selling novels over the course of a career that spanned over 50 years, yet she remains one of the most overlooked authors of the 20th century. Mary Fahnestock-Thomas seeks to rectify the error with this unique compilation. At once a scholarly work and a labor of love, this remarkable collection includes:
* 3 short stories and 3 essays written by Georgette Heyer which have never been published in the U.S.
* Over 200 book reviews dating from 1921 to 1989
* 35 articles and excerpts addressing various aspects of Heyer's work
* 12 movie and theater reviews of productions based on Heyer's novels
* And much more!About the Author:
Mary Fahnestock-Thomas holds degrees in German and Comparative Literature. She lives in Ohio with her husband, two children, and lots of books.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Prinnyworld Press, 2001. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110966800532
Book Description Prinnyworld Press, 2001. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0966800532