Tearing the anterior cruciate knee ligament is a traumatic event for most people. The pain and swelling can be intense. It may leave you with an unstable knee. You are likely to be wondering about the next step in your life.
A Patient's Guide to Successful ACL Knee Surgery is a fifty-two page guide complete with color diagrams that will help you understand if anterior cruciate ligament surgery is right for you.
A Patient's Guide to Successful ACL Knee Surgery & Rehabilitation will help answer:
* How do I know if ACL surgery is right for me? Am I putting my knee at risk if I wait to have the ACL reconstruction?
* What is the success rate of ACL surgery? Will the ACL graft last?
* Is my age a factor?
* Where can I hear the stories of others who have also torn their ACL knowing they have been checked for medical accuracy?
* What should I expect on the day of my ACL knee surgery?
* Could the ACL surgery make my leg worse?
* When can I play sports? Drive a Car? Go to Work or School?
* After the ACL surgery, What can I do to speed up my healing and get back to my favorite activities as soon as possible.
Medical Empathys A Patient's Guide to Successful ACL Knee Surgery & Rehabilitation will answer these questions and many more.
This Guide has been officially endorsed by the National Association of Orthopaedic Nurses (NAON)
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
PAUL C. ROUD, PH.D., M.ED.
Dr. Paul Roud, author of the Patients Guide to Successful ACL Surgery, is a recognized expert in the field of behavioral medicine with publications in national and international medical journals. He is the author of the acclaimed book (translated into five languages, a literary guild selection, a starred Kirkus Review, etc.).Making Miracles. The book deals with the physical, psychological, and social nature of healing.
Paul Rouds interest in ACL surgery is personal-- a sports injury left him with a torn anterior cruciate ligament. While trying to decide whether or not to have surgery, he discovered that finding the right information about ACL surgery information that is comprehensive, easy to understand, and emotionally sensitivewas nearly impossible. This proved to be the incentive for the ACL Guide and the seeds of Medical Empathy.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Medical Empathy Inc, 1999. Mass Market Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 967342201