This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
This review is aimed at practicing internists and residents of INTERNAL MEDICINE who have surely been searching for a concise, outlined, and one-of-a-kind review of internal medicine in all of its subspecialties for the INTERNAL MEDICINE CERTIFICATION AND RECERTIFICATION EXAMS administered through the American Board of Internal Medicine. This book is concise, thorough, and fully-outlined, so you will clearly see the relationships between the concepts you'll have to know. It also features tons of great MNEMONICS you'll thank your lucky stars for. Speaking of stars, we know you'll appreciate our ample use of formatting. You should know, then,! that this book is an excellent companion to the Frontrunners' Internal Medicine Q&A REVIEW: Syllabus Companion for Board Review, which features over 1300 Q&A to prepare you for battle.
We run promotions throughout the year, where you can actually get the Q&A book half-off with your Frontrunners' Syllabus Core Review when you call directly at:866-MDBOARDS (866-632-6273) or 866-IMREVIEW (866-467-3843). Equally important, we offer a number of packages / deals featuring all our T.O.P. (Take Out Package) board review books (includes these: Syllabus Core Review, 1300 Q&A book, Mnemonics book, and HIV and Blood Gas booklets for the boards--which are ALL of our printed board review materials in the curriculum), as well as our even more popular Audio Visuals CD packages for the Boards. Make sure you know all of our latest offerings and promotions. Call to find out about our various packages and ways to save OR for the most recent brochure featuring all of our offerings. We can even email it to you within minutes for your convenience or send it via snail mail. Currently, all AudioVisual packages automatically include all the TOP books (Syllabus Core Review, Q&A, Memory Aids, HIV and! ABGs for the Boards), and represent huge savings when you order directly. They're also ideal if you just can't make it out to our Weekend Marathon Reviews in California each August. If you're a mnemonics fan (and who isn't?), or you love the ones here, then you'll definitely want to check out TURBO MNEMONICS FOR THE BOARDS! : Over 400 MEMORY AIDS to the Most Commonly Asked CLINICAL Material! It features 100s of mnemonics that, we promise, will make your life a whole lot easier. At the same time these resources are outstanding study aids for medical students, residents, internists, and other health care professionals who simply want the best no-nonsense review of internal medicine. The course has been widely and enthusiastically received for its unconventional, no-nonsense approach to the review of internal medicine. Unfortunately, thousands of physicians, wanting to be board-certified, are simply unable to attend a formal board review course due to! time or geographic constraints. For those physicians especially this book will be a welcome review.
All major subsections of the exam have been represented with each section bearing its own chapter. Aren't you tired of reading and rereading (or even falling asleep!) amid long-winded paragraphs from standard textbooks that never make it clear what's important to know? So were we, and that's how this syllabus core review came into being. This book is completely outlined, so that the relationship between concepts is crystal clear--no more guessing! You'll also find tons of key mnemonics you'll definitely be using on your exam, along with contributive formatting through the use of bolds, underlining, italics, boxed-in points, an outstanding way to capitalize on those last few hours before your exam.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
ADDITIONAL HELPFUL HINTS FROM THE PUBLISHER:
1. To view a healthy-sized and CLEAR set of SAMPLE PAGES for this book, simply go now to gofrontrunners dot com and navigate to the Product Vault. There you'll find generous-sized and clear sample pages for this book and to all of our other tremendous board review resources you'll really want to take advantage of, including our 1300 Practice Q&A for the boards, our Slide Slides for the Internal Medicine Boards, and our Audio Syllabus. Check it out now! 2. HELPFUL TIP from FRONTRUNNERS BOARD REVIEW: Our Internal Medicine Q&A Review was designed as the Q&A Companion to this Syllabus. Syllabus Core Review and Q&A books have been completely updated, fully revised and reflect the latest on the medicine. As the Publisher, we also offer deep discounts thru packages that incorporate these books along with other critical study aids and the Audio CD Syllabus and Slide Shows, straight out of our Weekend Marathon Review.
3. If you can't make it out, think about having the course shipped out to you. Call toll-free 866-MDBOARDS or 866-IMREVIEW and ask about our AV packages, latest promotions, and how you can save. These materials are designed expressly for you to pass the boards. They are not meant to be all-encompassing reviews of medicine. They are only for you to pass your ABIM. Call now for more information on our upcoming reviews and offerings, or just call for a brochure containing all of our packages and ways to save on the Audio CD Syllabus (17 Audio CDs); Slide Shows CD (covering 800 images you'll have to know: Heme/Onc, Ophtho, Derm, EKG, & all Radiology for the ABIM exam); books; and tuition.
4. You can also visit, and even order from, our WEBSITE: GOFRONTRUNNERS for a nice summary of all of our latest offerings, packages, and deals. And check out the abundant free samples!
This is the actual syllabus for the Frontrunners Internal Medicine Board Review Course, out of New York and California. Frontrunners' motto "When all you wanna know is what you GOTTA know!" reflects their realistic "this-is-what-you-have-to-know" philosophy toward medicine that has consistently resulted in TOP pass rates among its students on the ABIM CERTIFICATION & RECERTIFCATION exams each year. The course has been widely and enthusiastically embraced for its unconventional, no-nonsense approach to internal medicine board review. Unfortunately, thousands of physicians, wanting to be board-certified, are simply unable to attend a formal board review course due to time or geographic constraints. For those physicians especially this book will be a welcome review. In addition, the syllabus core review and full-color slides, precisely as presented, are available on CD and can be shipped out directly to physicians who simply can't make those weekend reviews. Call 866-MDBOARDS or 866-IMREVIEW 24x7.
OTHER KEY COMPONENTS TO ENSURE YOU PASS YOUR MEDICINE BOARDS INCLUDE:
1. FRONTRUNNERS SYLLABUS CORE REVIEW 2009!, a must if you're serious about passing your I.M. boards;2. TURBO MNEMONICS for the Boards ! featuring over 400 incredible MEMORY AIDS to help you lock-in everything you thought you learned;
3. SLIDE SHOWS on CD FOR THE MEDICINE BOARDS , featuring all the key images you'll have to know before going into your exam, in full-color, fully legended, and beautifully presented and straight out of the Weekend Marathon Review;4. FRONTRUNNERS AUDIO CD SYLLABUS ! (17 digitally mastered audio CDs covering 18 hours of review, precisely as presented in our Internal Medicine Board Review)
***** FRONTRUNNERS!-- "When all you wanna know is what you GOTTA know!" *****
2009 PACKAGES INCLUDE (A convenient summary may be found at GOFRONTRUNNERS )
1. AUDIO CD Syllabus (17 digitally-mastered Audio CDs)
2. SLIDE SHOWS CD (covering all the KEY IMAGES you'll have to know for the boards: Heme/Onc, Ophtho, Derm, EKG, all Radiology for the ABIM exam)
3. T.O.P. (Take Out Package), a books-only package (ie does not contain the Slide Shows/images CD nor the Audio Syllabus CDs) that includes the 2009 Syllabus Core Review + Q&A + Turbo Mnemonics and key slide show notes.
4. A single package containing the entire curriculum (ie items #1-3 just listed, namely: 17 digitally-mastered Audio CDs, Slide Shows, Syllabus Core Review, Q&A, Memory Aids, etc--everything)--saves you about 50%.
5. Among our many promotions is our Q&A HALF-OFF with purchase of the SYLLABUS CORE REVIEW, but it's only available directly thru the Publisher when you call and refer to ***promotional code #amzn1/2offQ&A. These materials are designed expressly for you to PASS YOUR ABIM CERT and RECERT and the I.M. components of the USMLE clinical steps.
TO OPTIMIZE YOUR EXPERIENCE, MAKE SURE YOU'VE GOT THE LATEST EDITIONS:
**Finally, whether you're getting...1) Frontrunners' INTERNAL MEDICINE BOARD REVIEW SYLLABUS and/or 2) Frontrunners Internal Medicine Q&A REVIEW (Syllabus Companion), featuring over 1300 Q&A for the boards and/or 3) TURBO MNEMONICS for the Boards...ALWAYS MAKE SURE you're ordering the latest editions of course. HERE'S HOW:
Frontrunners Publishing will always prepare an annual edition, and Amazon will always have the latest editions as soon as we receive them. IMPORTANT NOTE: To ensure you get the latest editions: You can QUICKLY & RELIABLY find the LATEST editions of our other books by entering any of the following Titles into Amazon search bar: Frontrunners Q&A = ISBN 0972682791 (2007-2008 ED). NOTE: NEW 2009-2010 edition coming soon!From the Author:
INTERVIEW WITH THE AUTHOR:
In a recent INTERVIEW, Dr Mittman was asked about his philosophies on board review and how he feels Frontrunners has changed the field of medical board review for the INTERNAL MEDICINE BOARDS. He listed his philosophies this way: "Our slogan `FRONTRUNNERS--When all you wanna know is what you GOTTA know!' really tells it all." He went on to say, "Frontrunners is all about respect--respect for the physician's time and intelligence." Gone are the days of "the 800 pound gorilla", better known, from this day forth, as "the 800 page gorilla", meant to signify books that are just so big and cumbersome that they need review books FOR their review books! Larger books have fallen by the wayside, but have served their purpose well as support legs on drafting tables and heavy weights for dumbbells, pardon the pun."
Today's student is seeking a more MODERN, stream-lined approach to board review. And she certainly doesn't want her intelligence insulted. We've found that if you treat a doctor like a monkey, he regresses to a monkey. If you treat him like a genius, he will become the genius and his board scores will reflect accordingly."
Dr Mittman went on to say that, in the end, students just want to know what they GOTTA know. They don't just want an "internal medicine update". "There are luxury courses for that", Dr Mittman went on to say. "We've created all of our board review products...for the Internal Medicine with the following criteria in mind: "What would I want in a review book?" The answer inevitably is what every busy physician seeks: 1) something CONCISE! ; 2) something that reflects; 3) something that is thorough, where you don't have to juggle 3 books at once; 4) something that does not insult his intelligence; and 5) something that offers memory aids. This recipe has proven highly successful for Frontrunners and, of course, its students' unparalleled pass rates.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description FRONTRUNNERS PUBLISHING, 2007. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0967702518