Are you considering a sales or marketing career in the technology sector? While there are several books that will help you land a job -- how to write a resume, how to interview, and so on -- this is the first book that defines in detail what those sales and marketing positions with tech companies are all about. It will help you decode tech industry jargon and navigate the confusing maze of tech company sales and marketing positions so that you can pinpoint the role that is right for you.
Inside the book, you'll learn about:
- The 15 most common sales and marketing roles in tech companies
- What individuals in each of these roles do day-to-day
- The most important skills for each position
- Typical career paths for each role
- The hierarchy of job titles
- Factors to consider in choosing a tech company to join
This book is ideal for:
- Current college or graduate students seeking an internship
- Recent graduates looking for their first job
- Experienced sales and marketing professionals who are considering a career change into the tech sector
- Those already employed in a technology company but interested in learning about other career options
- Those who are just curious what all these tech people do for a living
- Anyone in career counseling/development, occupational guidance, or job placement
- Tech industry recruiters
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
David K. Wolpert has worked in the technology sector since 1994 in a variety of marketing, information technology and consulting roles, with companies varying in size from startups to some of the world's largest corporations. He has been a product marketing manager, a product manager, a field marketing manager, a business development manager, an information technology (IT) specialist, and a call center design consultant. David holds a B.S. in History from Carnegie Mellon University and an M.B.A. from the University of Texas at Austin.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Swordfish Communications, Austin, Texas, 2008. Trade Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. First Edition / First Printing. Brand new and unread first edition (stated), very fresh and bright condition, gift quality! Color illustrated wrapper with yellow, white, and black lettering. 131 new and unread informative and educational pages! "Are you interested in a sales or marketing career in software, hardware or a related technology sector industry? Whether you're looking for your first job or are considering a career change, this book will help you navigate the confusing maze of tech company sales and marketing positions and pinpoint the role that is right for you." Size: 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall. Bookseller Inventory # 039405
Book Description Swordfish Communications, LLC, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0974195537
Book Description Swordfish Communications Llc, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. 131 pages. 9.25x6.00x0.25 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # zk0974195537
Book Description Swordfish Communications, LLC, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110974195537