This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
The need to understand basic regulations that protect the privacy and security of patients personal health information (PHI) has never been greater. With HIPAA, HITECH, GINA, and the Final Omnibus Rule, the rules continue to be strengthened.
This third edition of the handbook offers nurses, physicians, admins and others who have access to PHI and e-PHI the essential, basic knowledge they need to follow the latest privacy and security regulations. Coverage includes:
- Who must comply?
- What counts as PHI and e-PHI?
- For which purposes is it ok to access or disclose PHI?
- What does minimum necessary mean and where does it apply?
- What rights does an individual have toward his or her own PHI?
- Which safeguards are needed to keep e-PHI secure?
- How and when do privacy and security rules apply to business associates?
- What happens if PHI is impermissibly accessed or disclosed?
- Who is at risk for penalties and when do they apply?
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
The Health Care Compliance Association (HCCA) exists to champion ethical practice and compliance standards in all organizations and to provide the necessary resources for compliance professionals and others who share these principles.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Health Care Compliance Association, 2013. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0977843092
Book Description Health Care Compliance Association, 2013. Paperback. Condition: Brand New. third edition. 34 pages. 8.50x5.20x0.20 inches. In Stock. Seller Inventory # 0977843092
Book Description Health Care Compliance Associa, 2013. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110977843092