This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
The work of naval architects, and marine, ocean and naval engineers is global in nature and has never been more important. These professions connect people and places to each other in a way that is unmatched by other engineering careers.
In this one-of-a-kind book you'll learn:
* About the engineers that working to help solve the energy crisis by finding ways to harvest energy from the oceans.
* About the engineers that design the technologies that allow us to build underwater structures and explore the mysterious depths of the ocean.
* What types of engineers design small rowboats, Jet skis®, tugs, workboats, barges, yachts, floating cranes, dredges, supply boats, dinner boats, ferries, tankers, containerships, car carriers, dry bulkers, gas carriers, drill rigs, jack-ups, semisubmersibles, trawlers, factory ships, floating power plants, and more.
* What types of engineers design military ships such as aircraft carriers, submarines, cruisers, destroyers, frigates, corvettes, fast attack craft, ocean patrol cutters, littoral combat ships, hydrofoils, air cushion vehicles, amphibious landing ships and docks, oilers, supply ships, crane ships, sealift ships, and command and control ships.
* About the different sectors of the industries such as offshore engineering, large ocean-going vessels, small water craft, underwater exploration and habitats.
* How to get started in this one-of-a-kind amazing career path.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Celeste Baine is a biomedical engineer, the director of the Engineering Education Service Center and the award-winning author of over 20 engineering career and education publications. She won the Norm Augustine Award for Engineering Communications. The award is given to an engineer who has demonstrated the capacity for communicating the excitement and wonder of engineering. She also won the American Society for Engineering Education's Engineering Dean Council's Award for the Promotion of Engineering Education and Careers. In addition, she is also listed on the National Engineers Week Web site as one of 50 engineers you should meet!Review:
This book is invaluable for students eager to learn more about a fascinating career in Maritime Engineering. ----Phillip B. Kimball, Former Executive Director of the Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Bonamy Publishing, 2010. Paperback. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # DADAX0981930026
Book Description Bonamy Publishing, 2010. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0981930026