With nearly every headline bringing more concern to American consumers, it's hard to understand how the greatest financial crisis of our time happened and what you should do now. From bank failures to record unemployment, home foreclosures, and panic around the world, Figuring Out Wall Street is a concise guide to help everyone from first-time investors to veterans of banking understand how this latest crisis happened, who was responsible, and what to do now to persevere and restore our financial systems.
This comprehensive, easy-to-understand guide is written with terms defined; and charts and graphs to make complex concepts understandable.
This practical guide delivers:
- An inside look at the financial products that stimulated the 2008 global financial meltdown.
- An overview of savings and investment products and how to invest to match your goals.
- A comprehensive overview of financial regulators and what needs to be fixed to ensure sound financial markets.
- A complete review of economic indicators to help you monitor your investments.
- A look at what's safe and which investments are protected, which ones are not, and how protection has changed.
- How the stock exchanges work and an overview of the world of investment banking.
- Action plans for learning how to invest in stocks, bonds, mutual funds, government securities, options and futures.
- A guide to using asset allocation to help you manage your investments as they grow.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Floyd Saunders began his career in financial services with Bank of America and worked on Wall Street with both Bank of America and JPMorgan Chase where he worked as Vice President of global financial systems. He has taught courses in Money and Banking; and has extensive teaching experience with the American Institute of Banking and several colleges. As a consultant, Floyd developed and taught a wide range of banking and investing courses. He has authored three programs for the American Bankers Association: Banking on Mutual Funds and Annuities, Introduction to Securities Markets, and Investing in Securities.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Saunders Learning Group, 2010. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0982401906
Book Description Saunders Learning Group, 2010. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110982401906
Book Description Saunders Learning Group, 2010. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0982401906