This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Forecast Scheduling shows you how you can forecast your project with just the schedule even without advanced techniques like Earned Value. It builds on the author's principle of Dynamic Scheduling that demonstrates how to minimize the effort spent on a schedule. In this book, the author takes scheduling to the next level by showing you how to create a model of the project to forecast it dynamically. The highlights of this approach are:
- Use deadline dates initially and the baseline schedule to capture promises made. Too many schedulers use the schedule itself to reflect their promises and then want to keep their schedule static. In our approach, the schedule will be a dynamic model a great tool to manage the project.
- Update your schedule with revised estimates. Many project managers only enter actual progress. In order to forecast, you need to capture revised forecasts from your team members and schedule them in the future. Once team members have started working on a task, they know much better how long the remainder will take.
- Aligned with all latest Standards from PMI
- Tips that result in more accurate forecasts from your schedule
- Checklist and corresponding filters to assure the quality of your schedule
- Real-world examples and reality-tested guidelines
- Solid step-by-step procedures that lead to success
- Clear screen shots, annotations, illustrations and cartoons
- Insightful stories, hands-on exercises, solutions and review questions
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Eric is one of the foremost authors, trainers & consultants on the use of project management tools from Microsoft. He authored the bestselling book Dynamic Scheduling with Microsoft Office Project 2003 and now publishes his new book Forecast Scheduling with Microsoft Project 2010 . Eric is founder and president of ProjectPro Corp, a company specializing in Microsoft Project and Project Server.
In 2010, Eric was named Most Valuable Professional by Microsoft in project management applications (MVP Project). In 2009, Eric received an award from the Project Management Institute (PMI) for his 'Significant Contribution to the Scheduling Profession'. In 1997, he was President of the Ottawa Chapter of PMI. From 2001 until 2004 and again since 2009, he is president of the MPUG-Ottawa chapter (Microsoft Project Users Group).
Eric has been involved in major projects: the Canadian Forces Supply System Upgrade Program, the Cognos (IBM) BI Suite release and a Northrop Grumman Airplane Upgrade program.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description ProjectPro Corporation. PERFECT PAPERBACK. Condition: New. 0986733903 Satisfaction Guaranteed. Please contact us with any inquiries. We ship daily. Seller Inventory # Z0986733903ZN
Book Description ProjectPro Corporation, 2010. Perfect Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110986733903
Book Description ProjectPro Corporation, 2010. Condition: New. Paul Mason (illustrator). book. Seller Inventory # M0986733903
Book Description ProjectPro Corporation, 2010. Perfect Paperback. Condition: New. first. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Seller Inventory # 0986733903n