- Full-color throughout, with a free full-color foldout map and a new Natural World chapter with photos. With Frommer's in hand, you'll experience the wonder of Costa Rica's amazing biodiversity, as we point out the best places to see hundreds of unique, colorful species of animals and plants.
- Completely updated every year, Frommer's Costa Rica features gorgeous color photos of the lush rainforest and the spectacular beaches that await you.
- Personally researched by a longtime resident, it's the only truly up-to-date guide that gives you such in-depth coverage of this fast-changing country, with recommended accommodations in every price category. This edition also features a new itinerary highlighting the best of undiscovered Costa Rica.
- Insightful commentary and opinionated reviews. You'll visit rugged wilderness preserves and sleepy beach towns, spectacular orchid gardens and mineral hot springs at the foot of a steaming volcano. There are adventures here to suit all ages and abilities: swooping from treetop platform to treetop platform on a canopy tour, taking a dip in a jungle swimming hole, spotting playful spider monkeys as you hike through lush foliage, windsurfing on Lake Arenal, or watching endangered sea turtles nest on the beach.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
From the Back Cover
- Hundreds of photos
- Free pocket map inside, plus easy-to-read maps throughout
- Exact prices, directions, opening hours, and other practical information
- Candid reviews of hotels and restaurants, plus sights, shopping, and nightlife
- Itineraries, walking tours, and trip-planning ideas
- Insider tips from local expert authors
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.