Locomotive engine manufacturers: Napier & Son, Electro-Motive Diesel, Ruston, American Locomotive Company, Fairbanks-Morse, English Electric, GE ... Paxman, General Motors Diesel Division

 
9781234643485: Locomotive engine manufacturers: Napier & Son, Electro-Motive Diesel, Ruston, American Locomotive Company, Fairbanks-Morse, English Electric, GE ... Paxman, General Motors Diesel Division

Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. Pages: 23. Chapters: Napier & Son, Electro-Motive Diesel, Ruston, American Locomotive Company, Fairbanks-Morse, English Electric, GE Transportation, Sulzer, Paxman, General Motors Diesel Division. Excerpt: Electro-Motive Diesel, Inc., also referred to as "EMD", is a wholly owned subsidiary of Progress Rail Services Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., that designs, manufactures and sells diesel-electric locomotives and diesel power engines worldwide under the Electro-Motive Diesel brand. EMD has the world's largest installed base of diesel-electric locomotives and offers the world's most extensive range of locomotive products in the rail and transit industry. EMD holds approximately 30 percent of the market for diesel-electric locomotives in North America, second to its only competitor, GE Transportation Systems, which holds the remaining 70 percent share of the North American market. Electro-Motive Diesel, Inc. traces its roots to the Electro-Motive Engineering Corporation, founded in 1922. In 1930, General Motors Corporation purchased the Winton Engine Co. and Winton's primary customer, Electro-Motive Company, eventually combining the two to form GM's Electro-Motive division in 1941. In 2005, GM sold the division to Greenbriar Equity Group LLC, Berkshire Partners LLC and certain related parties, which formed Electro-Motive Diesel, Inc., to facilitate the purchase. On August 2, 2010, Progress Rail Services Corporation completed the purchase of Electro-Motive Diesel, Inc. from Greenbriar, Berkshire, et al. making Electro-Motive Diesel, Inc. a wholly owned subsidiary of Progress Rail Services Corporation. EMD's headquarters, engineering facilities and parts manufacturing operations are located in La Grange, Illinois, United States. EMD's final assembly operations are located in London, Ontario, Canada. EMD operates...

"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.

(No Available Copies)

Search Books:



Create a Want

If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!

Create a Want