Health Care USA, Eighth Edition Includes Navigate Advantage Access, offers students of health administration, public health, medicine, and related fields a wide-ranging overview of America's health care system.
Combining historical perspective with analysis of current trends, this expanded edition charts the evolution of modern American health care, providing a complete examination of its organization and delivery while offering critical insight into the issues that the U.S. health system faces today.
From a physician-dominated system to one defined by managed care and increasingly sophisticated technology, this essential text explains the transformation underway and the professional, political, social, and economic forces that guide it today and will in the future.
Balanced in perspective and comprehensive in its coverage, Health Care USA, Eighth Edition, provides students with a clearly organized, straightforward illustration of the complex structures, relationships and processes of this rapidly growing industry, including thoroughly updated information throughout, on the progress and impact of the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
The Eighth Edition has been thoroughly revised to reflect recent developments in this dynamic industry. The latest edition features:
· A comprehensive overview of the complex and evolving U.S. health care system, plus revised data, material and analysis throughout.
· Updated information on the progress and impact of the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
· New information on the efforts of hospitals to reduce medical errors, such as the Institute for Health Care Improvement's 100,000 Lives Initiative
· Update Department of Labor estimates of number and types of health care personnel.
· Provide an historical overview of Medicare and Medicaid programs: definitions and history
· Explain the role of Managed Care as the primary mode of US health insurance coverage
· Updated long term care industry trends
· A thoroughly revised chapter on Mental Health services including a new discussion of preventive behavioral services, and recent developments from the "Freedom Commission on Mental Health"
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Jones & Bartlett Learning, 2014. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P111284065480
Book Description Jones & Bartlett Learning, 2014. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Brand New!. Bookseller Inventory # VIB1284065480
Book Description Jones & Bartlett Learning, 2014. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # INGM9781284065480
Book Description Jones & Bartlett Learning. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 1284065480 Brand new book. STUDENT US EDITION. Never used. Nice gift. Best buy. Shipped promptly and packaged carefully. Bookseller Inventory # SKU8005641
Book Description Jones & Bartlett Learning. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 1284065480 New US Edition Textbook, Ships with Emailed Tracking from USA. Bookseller Inventory # Z1284065480ZN
Book Description Jones & Bartlett Learning, 2014. Paperback. Book Condition: Brand New. 8th pap/psc edition. 586 pages. 9.00x6.00x1.50 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # zk1284065480