The Night the DeFeos Died: Reinvestigating the Amityville Murders, finally puts to rest the false myths and misinformation surrounding events that shocked the world more than a quarter century ago.
On November 13, 1974, police received a report of a homicide at 112 Ocean Avenue in the Village of Amityville, New York, a sleepy seaside community located on Long Island's South Shore. Once there, the police discovered six members of the DeFeo family -- father, mother and four of their five children -- shot and killed execution style. The surviving son, Ronald "Butch" DeFeo Jr., was eventually charged and tried for the murder of his family and now is serving six concurrent life sentences.
Over the years, many contrived myths and legends have endured about the DeFeo murders and the Dutch Colonial house in Amityville. Some theorized a strong supernatural force in the DeFeo home drove Butch DeFeo to kill his family, while others claimed Butch DeFeo killed to receive an inheritance. The Night the DeFeos Died offers incontrovertible proof of the true motives behind this terrible tragedy and reveals Butch DeFeo did not act alone in the commission of this crime. It also shows that the supernatural stories created about the famed Amityville house were nothing but a ruse concocted by Butch DeFeo's defense attorney.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
The new Katco Edition of THE NIGHT THE DEFEOS DIED includes:
·Nearly 100 pictures, graphics, and key case documents that author Ric Osuna spent nearly three years searching for. We've included the key court documents to offer undeniable proof that the story took place as presented by Mr. Osuna.
· Full color laminated cover.
· Large 8.5" x 11" oversized edition.
· Photos of the Amityville house, past and present
· New revelations about the Amityville case: was there a seventh victim in the house? Or, did Amityville and Suffolk County authorities move a DeFeo body to another location in the house?
· 202 Pages
· Foreword by Geraldine DeFeo. After 28 years, Mrs. DeFeo breaks the silence, discussing her marriage to Butch DeFeo at the time of the Amityville murders. While the "Amityville skeptics" say DeFeo is a fraud, this new edition offers hard evidence that Geraldine DeFeo's marriage to Butch WAS REAL! Included are key documents, as well as handwritten letters from Ronald Joseph "Butch" DeFeo, Jr. to Geraldine from prison.About the Author:
In 1977, author Ric Osuna, a Las Vegas-based investigative journalist, began following the famed Amityville case. Although he wavered for years between being a believer and a skeptic regarding the supernatural claims made about 112 Ocean Avenue, Ric Osuna was most intrigued by the concept that a whole family could be wiped out by one of its own. Yet puzzling questions remained. Was Ronald "Butch" DeFeo possessed by demons? Or was he a sociopath bent on murder? In 2000, author Ric Osuna began an in-depth investigation to discover the truth and set out to write The Night the DeFeos Died: Reinvestigating the Amityville Murders.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Xlibris Corp, 2002. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M1401046460