This new edition of Geriatrics At Your Fingertips is a guide to the evaluation and management of the diseases and disorders that most commonly effect older persons.
· Fully updated text, with information on new medications released as recently as November 2003
· New Information based on current clinical guidelines, such as the 2003 JNC 7 Report
· New assessment instrument on medication appropriateness
· New table on common herbal and alternative medications used by older adults, with side effects and cautions
· New sections on hospital discharge planning, carpal tunnel syndrome, skin ulcers, and syncope
· New algorithms on evaluation of hypoproliferative anemia, pharmacologic management of osteoarthritis, pain assessment in elders with severe cognitive impairment, and evaluation of suspected pulmonary emboli
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Why You Should Purchase Geriatrics at Your Fingertips This century, the U.S. population aged 65 and older has soared, increasing from 3 million in 1900 to 34.3 million today (12% of the U.S. population). It is projected to more than double by 2050. If you are a health care professional, it is likely that you will find yourself spending time caring for older adults. Geriatrics at Your Fingertips will help you to provide better care to your older patients--it is compact enough to use at the bedside and comprehensive enough to serve as a ready reference in the office. 65+: The Aging of America
Life Expectancy at age 65: 17.5 years
Leading Chronic Illness: Arthritis
With Severe disability: 33.4%
Leading Cause of Death: Heart Disease
Percent with any disability: 52.2% Data source: U.S. Census Bureau and National Center of Health StatisticsFrom the Back Cover:
The fourth edition of Geriatrics at Your Fingertips is a portable, practical and economical tool for professionals who provide primary care to older persons. Content focuses on the evaluation and management of the diseases and disorders that most commonly affect older persons in various healthcare settings. GAYF minimizes the time clinicians spend searching for the information that they need to make patient care decisions.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Wiley-Blackwell, 2004. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P111405104430
Book Description Wiley-Blackwell, 2004. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M1405104430