From the Back Cover
You’ve got daughters? Then you’ve got questions.
Parents, teachers, and others involved in shaping the character of girls have a lot on their minds:
- Are girls really fundamentally different from boys? If so, should they be treated differently?
- Whoever said that girls are “sugar and spice and everything nice” never met my teenager. What can I do?
- My adolescent daughter seems to be on an emotional roller coaster. One minute she’s giddy with excitement; the next she’s moody and withdrawn. Is this normal?
- As a mom, I so badly want to be “best friends” with my daughter. Why isn’t it working out the way I dreamed?
- How does a dad’s role in his daughter’s life influence her character and decisions?including her eventual choice of a husband?
- How can grandparents contribute to raising a healthy granddaughter?
- What’s the best way to educate girls?
- How are girls affected when their parents divorce?
- What should we be doing to shape the next generation of women?
In Bringing Up Girls,
Dr. James Dobson, America’s foremost authority on parenting, tackles these and many other questions, offering wisdom and encouragement based on a firm foundation of biblical principles.JAMES C. DOBSON, Ph.D.,
has devoted his career to helping children and families. A licensed psychologist and a marriage, family, and child counselor, he served on the faculty of the University of Southern California School of Medicine for 14 years and on the attending staff of Childrens Hospital Los Angeles for 17 years. He holds a Ph.D. in child development from the University of Southern California. Heavily involved in governmental activities related to the family, Dr. Dobson served on the task force that summarized the White House Conferences on Families and received a special commendation from President Jimmy Carter. He was appointed by President Ronald Reagan to the National Advisory Commission to the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention. He has also served on the Attorney General’s Advisory Board on Missing and Exploited Children, the Department of Health and Human Services’ Panel on Teen Pregnancy Prevention, and the Commission on Child and Family Welfare.The ultimate guide to raising our daughters right?from parenting expert and trusted family counselor Dr. James Dobson
Peer pressure. Eating disorders. Decisions about love, romance, and sex. Academic demands. Life goals and how to achieve them. These are just some of the challenges that girls today face?and the age at which they encounter them is getting younger and younger. As a parent, how are you guiding your daughter on her journey to womanhood? Are you equipping her to make wise choices? Whether she’s still playing with dolls or in the midst of the often-turbulent teen years, is she truly secure in her identity as your valued and loved daughter?
In Bringing Up Girls,
widely acclaimed parenting expert Dr. James Dobson presents his highly anticipated companion book to the bestselling Bringing Up Boys.
Based on the latest research, and handled with Dr. Dobson’s trademark down-to-earth approach, Bringing Up Girls
will help you face the challenges of raising your daughters to become strong, healthy, and confident women who excel in life.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.