Building Biblical Community - Member Book is a 4 session group experience designed to help members understand what it means to belong in a small group, know how to live in community and do life together, discover mission, and learn the importance of "story" in group life.
- Churches starting a small-group ministry
- Churches adding new groups
- Churches wanting a church-wide campaign for building community
- Struggling groups
- Celebrating Community: a biblical community looks for reasons to celebrate; Jesus modeled this even in the hours before being arrested in Gethsemane
- Learning Community: God created us to be learners; community is perhaps the best context for individual learning as members engage truth, seek to understand, and put learning into practice
- Loving Community: draws from 1 Corinthians 13 to develop the notion that love is central to biblical community: a community that loves God completely, loves others compassionately, loves self correctly, and loves the world courageously
- Service Community: examines the reasons service seems so “heavy” by identifying the barriers to service within the church and broader community
- Includes leader notes
- Warm-up activities
- Discussion questions
- Case studies
- Devotional experiences
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.