Interpersonal Relationships: Professional Communication Skills for Nurses (Interpersonal Relationships)(5thedition)
2007 AJN Book of the Year!
With practical guidance for effective interactions with clients, colleagues, and families, Interpersonal Relationships: Professional Communication Skills for Nurses, 5th Edition, is the definitive source on communication skills for nurses. The book combines proven communication strategies and nursing principles with psychology and related theoretical frameworks. Plus, the text includes numerous experiential exercises to critically evaluate their communication skills as well as those of others.
- Grounded in theory, the text provides a framework for gaining a theoretical perspective.
- Ethical Dilemma boxes appear in each chapter and highlight ethical dilemmas in interpersonal relationships.
- Critical thinking content promotes the application of critical thinking processes essential for effective communication in the nursing practice.
- Discusses humor, gender, and touch in Chapter 10 as important means of communication in interpersonal relationships.
- Communication with patients of all ages, patients with special needs, and colleagues increases awareness of the issues involved in communicating with patients and promotes successful collaboration with coworkers.
- Case examples and exercises appear throughout the text to promote understanding and discussion of topics in the chapter.
- Learning objectives, chapter overviews, and glossary focus the student on essential information and help them study for tests.
- Two new chapters on Documentation in the Age of the Electronic Health Record and Communicating in the Age of eHealth Technology describe how to understand and utilize the most current healthcare communication technology.
- Developing an Evidence-Based Practice boxes appear in each chapter and describe a current research study and how it connects to the concepts in the text.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
An essential guide to learning effective communication skills for the workplace
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.