Critical Thinking and Clinical Judgement: A Practical Approach to Outcome-Focused Thinking
Develop the critical thinking skills you need for success in today’s challenging healthcare setting with Critical Thinking and Clinical Judgment: A Practical Approach to Outcome-Focused Thinking, 4th Edition! This book’s insightful and motivational style makes the concept of critical thinking come alive. Learning difficult concepts is easy with the book’s “how-to approach that provides supporting rationales to help you understand why and how to make decisions.
- User-friendly and motivational style with vivid examples, anecdotes, and real case scenarios brings content to life.
- Helps you work smarter – not harder – by providing workplace strategies for managing time, dealing with conflict, and giving bad news.
- Incorporates practical strategies to promote critical thinking with evidence showing why and how the strategies apply to real life.
- Emphasizes the importance of ethics- and standards-based professional practice in a world of increasing accountability to keep both you and your patients safe.
- Incorporates cultural, spiritual, and lifespan content throughout and addresses nurses’ roles in hospitals, communities, and long-term care settings for a balanced, comprehensive look at critical thinking.
- Pre-Chapter Self-Tests help you focus on learning outcomes by identifying your learning needs.
- Independent learning is easy with user-friendly features such as Key Points, Critical Thinking Exercises, unique HMO (“Help Me Out ) cartoons, and much more.
- New illustrations clarify key concepts and reflect the latest developments in critical thinking.
- UNIQUE! Applies brain-based learning principles through the use of strategies that challenge the mind to help you gain a better understanding of the content.
- A wealth of new content, including problem-focused versus outcome-focused thinking, prioritization, novice and expert thinking, evidence-based practice, and more, provides you with the latest information in the field.
- UNIQUE! Other Perspectives and Critical Moments vignettes with giraffe and elephant icons make learning this important information fun and engaging.
- Covers the Institute of Medicine’s competencies and delegation strategies based on the ANA’s Principles for Delegation.
- NCLEX® examination-style review section includes multiple-choice questions to helps you prepare for board exams.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.