Physical Examination and Health Assessment Video Series, Version 2: Set of 17 DVDs
This 17-video series features over 5 hours of full-motion video depicting how to conduct complete physical exams. Corresponding with the new 5th edition of Jarvis’ Physical Examination and Health Assessment, the videos feature a unique three-panel format with enlarged video frames that show exam steps and rationales, and a narrative crawl that outlines lifespan and cultural considerations and health promotion. This series includes 12 body-systems videos and 5 head-to-toe videos covering the neonate, child, adult, older adult, and pregnant female. For additional flexibility, you may choose to watch the videos in their entirety or view specific sections.
- Videos reflect the most recent edition of Physical Examination and Health Assessment by Carolyn Jarvis, presenting a cohesive way to view full-motion physical exams in the classroom, media center, or home.
- A focus on normal findings and expected variations give you an idea of what to expect during physical examinations.
- Full-color anatomical reviews cover the key structures you need to know for a hands-on examination.
- Animations and illustration overlays show the actions or processes that occur beneath the skin, such as organs under the skin, lymph nodes, abdomen, pregnancy, or transillumination of the sinuses.
- Presents both core examination techniques and some common alternatives to show you the variations in examination techniques.
- Includes the sights and sounds of examination, including lung and abdominal sounds to make video examinations as realistic as possible.
- Each video includes booklets containing a video outline, exam-specific health history questions, a list of exam-specific equipment, and critical thinking questions with answers.
- Thorough coverage of normal physical examination content is completely updated with more fast-paced and streamlined examination content, more culture, age, and gender variations to reflect a diverse patient population, lifespan considerations, and eye-catching logos to identify developmental and cross-cultural care points.
- Menu screen options give you the choice to view an entire video or just a specific topic.
- UNIQUE! Three-panel presentation format includes full-motion video, a side panel, a bottom line constant orientation to the topic that outlines exam steps and rationales, and a narrative crawl.
- UNIQUE! Bonus content includes equipment lists, patient-teaching topics for classroom discussion, and review questions with answers.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.