Medical Coding Online (Self-Study Edition) for Step-by-Step Medical Coding 2006, 1e
Designed specifically for individuals studying coding on their own, the "Self-Study Edition" of Medical Coding Online (online program + text) represents a complete self-study course on coding, combining content, practice, and self-assessment into one product that can be used at home (or anywhere else with an Internet connection). The course book provides all the content in detail while the online component reinforces the important concepts in concise lessons incorporating figures, photographs, audio narrated slide shows, and links to relevant web sites. As learners are guided through each lesson, they encounter focused learning objectives and a range of pages to read in the text, followed by a "lecture" on what they just read, including periodic self-comprehension questions and learning activities with answer feedback. Each lesson ends with a self-assessment quiz.
- Evolve course management software includes automatic scoring and gradebook and offers learner immediate access to their grade.
- Self-comprehension questions, learning activities, and lesson quizzes are interspersed throughout the online content to allow learners to check their comprehension and learn from feedback (performance on these is not recorded in the gradebook).
- Interactive end-of-chapter review and self-assessment exercises include a specially created case-based coding activity, as well as matching, fill-in-the-blank, and multiple choice engage learners and reinforces learning through practice (performance on these is not recorded in the gradebook).
- Approximately 18 "SlideShows" present a series of stills synced with audio narration to explain the clinical procedures being demonstrated.
- Engaging full-color art program uses approximately 100 figures throughout to visually reinforce learning.
- Lessons contain hypertext links opening pop-up boxes with further explanations and/or definitions of concepts or terms to enable students to "dig deeper" into the content.
- Links to relevant web sites provide additional resources to enhance learning.
- Lesson quizzes and chapter exams allow students to demonstrate their mastery of the content by completing the assessment questions at the end of each chapter. These assessments are automatically scored and their grade calculated to allow learners to evaluate their comprehension and know their grade at any time during their progress through the course.
- Learners can check their work on the exercises printed in the text against the answers posted within the course, which allows self-study learners, who don't have an instructor with an answer key, to check their own work and take advantage of all the exercises printed in the text.
- Extensive glossary provides definitions of approximately 650 key terms.
- All content has been updated to current industry standards and for use with Step-by-Step Medical Coding, 2006 edition
- The entire design has been updated to make the course more easy-to-use
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
An interactive online supplement for learning step-by-step medical coding.
About the Author
Carol J. Buck, MS, CPC, CPC-H, Program Director (Retired), Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.