With a concise, straightforward approach, this trusted text puts difficult concepts and essential drug calculation skills into a practical nursing context and prepares you for real-world responsibilities. Completely revised and updated with the most current information in nursing practice, a variety of strong learning tools, and new NCLEX„¥ examination study questions, this latest edition makes pharmacology more accessible than ever.
- UNIQUE! Prototype Drug Charts provide you with quick reference to key drug information, including dosages, contraindications, drug-lab-food interactions, pharmacokinetics, and more.
- UNIQUE! An extensive Dosage Calculations unit strengthens your mathematical skills and eliminates the need for a separate calculations book.
- Nursing Process summaries guide you through client care and drug therapy within the step-by-step framework of the nursing process.
- Critical Thinking Case Studies challenge you to apply your knowledge and analytical skills to realistic patient scenarios.
- A Principles of Drug Administration chapter guides you through drug administration procedures, addressing all routes of administration and various settings.
- Client Teaching sections prepare you for client interaction, with teaching tips for general drug administration, self-administration, diet, side effects, and cultural considerations.
- A companion CD reinforces your knowledge and enhances your review with approximately 450 NCLEX examination-style review questions, including alternate-item format questions; 30 pharmacology animations; IV therapy and medication error checklists; drug calculation problems; and electronic dosage calculators.
- UNIQUE! Illustrated overviews of normal anatomy and physiology in all drug therapy chapters help you understand how drugs work in various body systems.
- An appendix on bioterrorism agents helps you recognize the clinical manifestations of bioterrorism weapons and respond with appropriate drug treatments.
- UNIQUE! Herbal Alerts provide quick reference to side effects, drug interactions, and additional information for popular herbs you may encounter in practice.
- NCLEX Examination-style Study Questions prepare you for the growing pharmacology coverage on the NCLEX-RN exam.
- Updated and expanded Preventing Medication Errors boxes help you ensure safe drug administration.
- Targeted Therapies to Treat Cancer chapter familiarizes you with cutting-edge cancer treatments such as multikinase inhibitors, angiogenesis inhibitors, and monoclonal antibodies.
- A new unit helps you easily locate appropriate drug therapy for managing pain and inflammation.
- Additional photos and illustrations visually reinforce your understanding of drug actions and relevant anatomy and physiology.
- Separate units on antibacterial and antiinfective agents clearly differentiate these commonly used agents.
- Page numbers accompany key terms for easier reference.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Understand pharmacology with ease and build a foundation for professional success
"This is a comprehensive resource in every aspect of the word...The text comes with excellent electronic resources...It is worth of a place on UK bookshelves." Nursing Standard, June 2009
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.