The Knee―a volume in the new Arthritis and Arthroplasty series―offers expert guidance on everything from patient selection and pre-operative planning to surgical approaches and techniques. Clear, evidence-based coverage details which technology and methodology used for total knee arthroplasty (TKA), reconstruction or revision is best for each patient. Access discussions of debates on sizing and balancing, minimally invasive surgery, component removal, management of bone loss and ligament insufficiency in revision TKA, infection, peirprosthetic fractures and more. Explore alternatives to TKA in younger arthritic patients and view expertly narrated video demonstrations of surgical techniques. In addition to providing practical, pragmatic advice in a concise, readable format, this Expert Consult title offers the full text of the book, as well as links to PubMed and periodic content updates, online at expertconsult.com.
- Access the full text of the book―as well as links to PubMed and periodic content updates on outcome data, component materials, and surgical techniques―online at expertconsult.com.
- Features procedural videos―narrated by experts―on the included DVD so you can see how to perform particular techniques.
- Covers arthroscopic debridement, patellofemoral maltracking and other hot topics to keep you abreast of the latest developments in the specialty.
- Provides evidence-based, clinically focused guidance on patient selection, pre-operative planning, surgical approach and techniques, bearing surfaces and component materials, disease specific options, the management and avoidance of complications, salvage and revision TKA strategies, and more.
- Discusses variations in technique, bearing options and design components; including minimally invasive TKA, fixed versus mobile-bearing TKA, and posterior stabilized (PS) versus cruciate retaining knee designs so you can choose which is most effective for each patient.
- Explores alternatives to TKA in younger arthritic patients, including arthroscopy, cartilage repair and replacement,, distal femoral arthroplasty and unicompartmental arthroplasty.
- Includes a review page in every chapter for quick reference to pearls and pitfalls for each topic.
- Presents photographs and interpretive drawings of surgical techniques in full color to bring out intraoperative details as they appear in the operating room.
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. If the next edition is published less than one year after your purchase, you will be entitled to online access for one year from your date of purchase. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should online access to the web site be discontinued.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.