Pharmacology Online for Pharmacology (User Guide and Access Code): A Nursing Process Approach, 6e
This online course features animation-enhanced, self-study modules on the basic principles of pharmacology along with interactive case studies and a Drug Calculation Review module. Each chapter includes NCLEX® exam-style practice quizzes along with a collection of 16 unique “Roadside Assistance video clips to help you understand the basic mechanisms of action for important drugs you will encounter in the clinical setting. A new collection of 2,000 flashcards will also help you learn key drug information and pharmacologic principles. Also includes interactive learning activities, video clips, animations, an Audio Glossary, and an Online Drug Handbook.
Ready-to-use modules include:
- UNIQUE! A core component of Pharmacology Online is a collection of self-study modules. Twelve of the modules cover basic principles of pharmacology. These basic principles are the foundation for understanding drug mechanisms of action, yet it is these very principles with which students struggle with the most. These modules use animations, illustrations, integrated learning activities, and dynamic hyperlinks in concise modules that students can use again and again until you develop this basic understanding.
- The interactive case studies use true-to-life clinical scenarios to promote “learning by doing in the safety of a virtual clinical setting. Students see the consequences of both correct and incorrect choices, and they receive remediation for incorrect choices.
- An online drug handbook is available from within the case studies and self-study modules. The handbook helps to simulate a true-to-life clinical environment in the case studies and serves as a convenient quick reference as students work through the material.
- Interactive learning activities provide review of critical drug content in game-like activity “engines.
- UNIQUE! A collection of 16 unique “Roadside Assistance video clips present core pharmacology concepts and use humor and analogy to bring difficult content to life and give visual interest to otherwise “dry content.
- A collection of lively discussion threads facilitates the virtual classroom discussions that are critical to learning in an online environment.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
This enhanced version of Pharmacology Online provides you with true-to-life experience for working in a clinical environment
About the Author
Julie S. Snyder, MSN, RN-BC
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.