The most comprehensive medical assisting resource available, Kinn's The Medical Assistant, 11th Edition provides unparalleled coverage of the practical, real-world administrative and clinical skills essential to your success in health care. Kinn's 11th Edition combines current, reliable content with innovative support tools to deliver an engaging learning experience and help you confidently prepare for today's competitive job market.
- Study more effectively with detailed Learning Objectives, Vocabulary terms and definitions, and Connections icons that link important concepts in the text to corresponding exercises and activities throughout the companion Evolve Resources website and Study Guide & Procedure Checklist Manual.
- Apply what you learn to realistic administrative and clinical situations through an Applied Learning Approach that integrates case studies at the beginning and end of each chapter.
- Master key skills and clinical procedures through step-by-step instructions and full-color illustrations that clarify techniques.
- Confidently meet national medical assisting standards with clearly identified objectives and competencies incorporated throughout the text.
- Sharpen your analytical skills and test your understanding of key concepts with critical thinking exercises.
- Understand the importance of patient privacy with the information highlighted in helpful HIPAA boxes.
- Demonstrate your proficiency to potential employers with an interactive portfolio builder on the companion Evolve Resources website.
- Familiarize yourself with the latest administrative office trends and issues including the Electronic Health Record.
- Confidently prepare for certification exams with online practice exams and an online appendix that mirrors the exam outlines and provides fast, efficient access to related content.
- Enhance your value to employers with an essential understanding of emerging disciplines and growing specialty areas.
- Find information quickly and easily with newly reorganized chapter content and charting examples.
- Reinforce your understanding through medical terminology audio pronunciations, Archie animations, Medisoft practice management software exercises, chapter quizzes, review activities, and more on a completely revised companion Evolve Resources website.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.