This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
In this book, William Powell and Ochan Kusuma-Powell provide a practical map to navigate some of today s most complicated instructional challenges: How do you help all students succeed when every classroom is, in effect, a global classroom? And what does a successful education look like in a world that is growing smaller and flatter every day?
Drawing on research and years of experience in international schools, the authors identify five critical keys to personalizing learning for students who have wildly different cultural, linguistic, and academic backgrounds:
* Focus on your students as learners through systematic examination of their cultural and linguistic identities, learning styles and preferences, and readiness.
* Focus on yourself as a teacher and investigate your own cultural biases, preferred teaching style and beliefs, and expectations.
* Focus on your curriculum to identify transferable concepts that will be valuable and accessible to all students and further their global competence.
* Focus on your assessments to ensure cultural sensitivity and improve the quality of the formative data you gather.
* Focus on your collegial relationships so that you can effectively enlist the help of fellow educators with different experiences, backgrounds, skills, and perspectives.
The way to teach now is to focus on your students both as individuals and as members of a multifaceted, interdependent community. Here, you ll learn how to design and deliver instruction that prepares students not just to meet standards but to live and work together in our complicated, 21st century world.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Learn the five things every teacher can do to design and deliver effective instruction for the culturally, linguistically, and academically diverse 21st century classroom.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Association for Supervision &, 2011. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P111416612041
Book Description Association for Supervision & Curriculum Development. PAPERBACK. Condition: New. 1416612041 New Condition. Seller Inventory # NEW7.0588848
Book Description Association for Supervision & Curriculum Development, 2011. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # MB01FKRKS0O
Book Description Association for Supervision & Curriculum Development, 2011. Paperback. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # DADAX1416612041