From the Nuremberg trials to the Civil Service Reform Act of 1978 to recent budget reconciliation bills, the Encyclopedia of Public Administration and Public Policy, Second Edition
reaches still further across the globe to provide detailed coverage of watershed policies and decisions from such fields as privatization, biomedical ethics, education, and diversity.
Completely updated to reflect current trends in the vast field of public administration, the second edition of this bestselling encyclopedia provides an exhaustive resource that features the input of leading scholars. Each authoritative entry is a coherent article, rather than a short paragraph, that offers readers salient theories, issues, and concepts. Relevant to practitioners, as well as new and expert scholars, this seminal work provides an introduction to the vast array of subjects included in public administration today, as well as references to additional bodies of knowledge.
A brief listing of just a few of the diverse entries found in the encyclopedia:
- Representative Bureaucracy
- Gramm-Rudman-Hollings: Impact on the Federal Budgetary Process
- Administrative Reform in Southeast Asia
- Gaza Disengagement: Israel Government Forced Resettlement (2005)
- Public-Private Partnerships for Economic Development
- Teaching of Ethics in Public Administration
- Pension Under-Funding: Generational Accounting Perspective
- Feminism and Chaos Theory
- Gender Bias, Ethical Analysis of and in Public Policy
- Metropolitan Governmental Fragmentation
- State and Local Public Pension Fund Management
- Evolutionary Theory and Public Policy
- No Child Left Behind Act of 2001
This second edition features a wide range of new topics, including military administration, government procurement, social theory, and justice administration in developed democracies. It also addresses current issues such as the creation of the Department of Homeland Security and covers public administration in the Middle East, Africa, Southeast Asia, the Pacific, and Latin America.
Contact us to inquire about subscription options and print/online combination packages.
US: (Tel) 1.888.318.2367 / (email) firstname.lastname@example.org
International: (Tel) +44 (0) 20 7017 6062 / (email) email@example.com