This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Years of reader evaluations yield a record of overwhelming positive teaching results. Teachers agree that The New International Lesson Annual gets highest marks for helping Christian educators in the classroom, making Scripture understandable or intelligible, relating Scripture to contemporary living, and challenging students to respond with positive life-changing actions. Based on the Bible study foundations of America’s leading ecumenical Bible educators and editors in the venerable Committee on Uniform Series.
· Easy-to-use design with tint boxes, thumb index, goals for learners, and a key-word pronunciation guide
· Easy-on-the-eyes clear type
· The only lesson commentary with popular easy-to-understand NRSV and CEB translations (Combined with your own King James Bible, NIV, or any other Bible translation, you have a multiversion parallel.) [Karla, multi- forms a closed compound]
· Eight pages of Bible background, interpretation, and step-by-step lesson plans keyed to learner goals for each lesson make lesson preparation thorough without requiring difficult and tedious research
· In-depth quarterly teacher enrichment articles and Bible background covering both the big picture and close-up views. Complete index to background Scriptures and occasional additional helps such as maps, charts, and timelines
· “Faith in Action” section gives ideas for placing faith concepts of the lessons into action
· “Preparing Our Hearts” section with Bible reading and reflection questions for the teacher’s personal spiritual growth
· “Continue the Journey” section includes ideas for prayer, learner preparation for next week’s session, activities the learners can do during the coming week to live out what they have learned, and a suggested closing hymn and benediction
· Edited by one of the nation's leading Christian educators, Dr. Nan Duerling
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Dr. Nan Duerling has been writing and editing curriculum resources for youth and adults since 1984. The editor of The New International Lesson Annual, Nan has also contributed to resources including Mature Years, Scriptures for the Church Seasons, Seasons of the Spirit, Leader in the Church School Today, and Bible Lessons for Youth. When she served as a member of the Committee on the Uniform Series of the National Council of Churches, Dr. Duerling participated in the development of the annual cycles for the International Lesson Series and worked with the youth team as a consultant. Nan taught in the Course of Study School at Wesley Theological Seminary in Washington, D.C. from 1987 until she retired in 2008.
Nan lives in Cambridge on Maryland’s picturesque Eastern Shore with her husband Craig, her mom Ruth, Craig’s mom Helen, and two lively Curly-Coated Retrievers, Ada and Bentley, who are registered therapy dogs. The Duerlings are members of historic Zion United Methodist Church, where Nan leads a weekly lectionary study group for the community.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Abingdon Press. PAPERBACK. Condition: New. 1426739451 Ships promptly from Texas. Seller Inventory # Z1426739451ZN
Book Description Abingdon Press, 2013. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P111426739451
Book Description Abingdon Press, 2013. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M1426739451
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # STRM-1426739451