This detailed analysis of the global food system looks at the way food is produced, distributed, and consumed in an effort to create a more equitable and healthful system worldwide.
· Introduces political, economic, and cultural themes relevant to understanding the global food system
· Offers various strategies for overcoming problems in the food system
· Provides a multidisciplinary approach through the contributions of major scholars and activists in the fields of religion, ethics, agriculture, and human ecology
· Includes the latest research initiatives and interviews from the United Food and Commercial Workers International Union
· Features tables and charts covering implementation strategies for various food justice movements
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
850 million people go hungry or are malnourished each year.About the Author:
Will Schanbacher, PhD, is instructor of religious studies at the University of South Florida, Tampa, FL.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description ABC-Clio, Incorporated. Book Condition: New. pp. 265. Bookseller Inventory # 96134797
Book Description Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # 21293934-n
Book Description Praeger. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. New copy - Usually dispatched within 2 working days. Bookseller Inventory # B9781440829116
Book Description ABC-CLIO, 2014. HRD. Book Condition: New. New Book. Shipped from UK in 4 to 14 days. Established seller since 2000. Bookseller Inventory # CA-9781440829116
Book Description Praeger Pub Text, 2014. Hardcover. Book Condition: Brand New. 265 pages. 9.25x6.25x1.00 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # __144082911X
Book Description Praeger 2014-07-23, 2014. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 144082911X. Bookseller Inventory # 725587
Book Description Praeger, 2014. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P11144082911X