This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Getting an accurate diagnosis is the first step toward reclaiming your life from bipolar disorder. But if you or someone you love is struggling with the frantic highs and crushing lows of this illness, there are still many hurdles to surmount at home, at work, and in daily life. You need current information and practical problem-solving advice you can count on. You've come to the right place. In The Bipolar Disorder Survival Guide, you will learn:How you can distinguish between early warning signs of bipolar mood swings and normal ups and downsWhat medications are available, and what their side effects areWhat you should do when you find yourself escalating into mania or descending into depressionHow you can tell your coworkers about your illness without endangering your careerHow you can provide constructive help and support to a loved one with bipolar disorder Trusted authority Dr. David J. Miklowitz offers straight talk, true stories, and proven strategies that can help you achieve greater balance and free yourself from out-of-control moods. The updated second edition of this bestselling guide has the latest facts on medications and therapy, an expanded discussion of parenting issues for bipolar adults, and a new chapter, "For Women Only."
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
David J. Miklowitz, PhD, is a professor of psychiatry at the University of California, Los Angeles School of Medicine, and senior clinical researcher at Oxford University. Dr. Miklowitz's numerous publications include The Bipolar Teen and the award-winning book for professionals Bipolar Disorder: A Family-Focused Treatment Approach.Excerpt. © Reprinted by permission. All rights reserved.:
I. The Diagnosis and Course of Bipolar Disorder
1. Why Do I Need This Book?
2. What Bipolar Disorder Looks Like--to You, to the Doctors, and to Everyone Else
3. Into the Doctor's Court: What to Expect from the Diagnostic Process
4. Is It an Illness or Is It Me?: Tips on Coping with the Diagnosis
II. Causes and Treatments
5. Where Does Bipolar Disorder Come From?: Genetics, Biology, and Stress
6. What Can Medication and Psychotherapy Do for Me?
7. Coming to Terms with Your Medication
8. How Can I Manage My Disorder?: Practical Ways to Maintain Wellness
9. What Can I Do If I Think I'm Getting Manic?
10. What Can I Do If I Think I'm Getting Depressed?
11. Dealing with Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings
12. Coping Effectively in Family and Work Settings
Resources for People with Bipolar Disorder
Self-Rated Mood Chart
Self-Rated Social Rhythm Chart
About the Author
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Tantor Media Inc, 2013. MP3 CD. Condition: Brand New. mp3 una edition. 7.48x5.31x0.59 inches. In Stock. Seller Inventory # zk1452662037
Book Description Tantor Audio, 2013. MP3 CD. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P111452662037
Book Description Tantor Audio, 2013. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M1452662037