In our increasingly digital world, audiophiles know that the real recording is on vinyl. That’s why sales of vinyl continue to soar. Mike Evans offers a sumptuous visual celebration of this medium’s fascinating history and triumphant rebirth. From weighty 78s to feisty 45s, from eccentric EPs to legendary LPs, he brings vinyl recordings off the shelves and out of the crates, spotlighting:
· The development of discs from shellac to vinyl
· Run-out groove messages, picture discs, limited editions, colored vinyl, and deluxe 180g reissues that make fans and collectors rejoice
· The records’ iconic packaging and art, including the work of Reid Miles, Roger Dean, Peter Saville, and Hipgnosis
· The history and development of various leading labels, such as Atlantic, Audio Fidelity, Casablanca, Decca, Def Jam, Motown, Verve, and more
· Groundbreaking artists and their game-changing releases, from the first 45, Eddy Arnold’s “Texarkana Baby,” to the vinyl revival as led by Jack White’s Lazaretto
No collection is complete without it.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Mike Evans is the author of The Art of the Beatles (Frederick Muller), The Art of British Rock (Frances Lincoln), Bowie Treasures (Carlton), Elvis: A Celebration (Dorling Kindersley), Woodstock: Three Days that Rocked the World (Sterling), and numerous other titles. A graduate of the Cavern Club with two singles on Decca under his belt, Evans played in The Liverpool Scene, supporting both Led Zeppelin and Bob Dylan in 1969. He subsequently moved into radio and writing for Sounds, Melody Maker, and the Guardian. Since the late 1980s, Mike has written or edited over 60 books on music, movies, and fashion. He lives in France.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Sterling. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 1454917814 *BRAND NEW* Ships Same Day or Next!. Bookseller Inventory # SWATI2132618706
Book Description Sterling, 2015. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M1454917814
Book Description Sterling, 2015. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P111454917814
Book Description Sterling Pub Co Inc, 2015. Hardcover. Book Condition: Brand New. 256 pages. 10.25x10.25x0.75 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # zk1454917814
Book Description Sterling, 2015. Book Condition: new. Shiny and new! Expect delivery in 20 days. Bookseller Inventory # 9781454917816-1