Say It in Spanish - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card): A Guide for Health Care Professionals, 3e
- Includes the words and phrases most commonly used by health professionals to eliminate the time-consuming process of looking up words in the dictionary.
- Specific questions that elicit yes or no answers assist health care providers with quickly obtaining essential information from patients.
- Sample dialogs cover common situations in the health care setting.
- Basic vocabulary such as numbers, colors, days of the weeks, and members of the family is included to facilitate conversations with Spanish-speaking patients.
- Vocabulary tables highlight basic vocabulary within the text for quick reference.
- Phrase and Sentence Index includes an alphabetical listing of all phrases and sentences used in chapter dialogs.
- An alphabetical Word Index allows easy access to specific words.
- Information on Hispanic culture and popular health beliefs helps readers provide culturally appropriate care.
- Pronunciations are provided for all sample dialogs and vocabulary so readers can speak with confidence.
- Three important new chapters have been added: Consent to Procedures/Surgery (Chapter 7); Discharging a Patient (Chapter 8); and Home Health/Hospice Care (Chapter 11).
- Organized according to health care settings such as the pediatrician's office, the emergency room, the cardiologist, and the home setting to make relevant phrases easy to locate.
- A CD-ROM containing audio recordings of sample dialogs is included with the book to reinforce correct pronunciations and train professionals to understand spoken Spanish.
- A bright, two-color design highlights headings and key features to make the book more visually appealing and useful.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.