Phillips' Science of Dental Materials - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 11e
- Content outlines at the beginning of each chapter provide a quick reference for specific topics.
- The roles played by key organizations in ensuring the safety and efficacy of dental materials and devices are described - such as the American Dental Association, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, the International Organization for Standardization, and the Fédération Dentaire Internationale.
- Up-to-date Selected Readings are presented at the end of each chapter to direct readers to supplemental literature on each topic.
- Numerous boxes and tables throughout summarize and illustrate key concepts and compare characteristics and properties of various dental materials.
- Distinguished contributors lend their credibility and experience to the text.
- Content has been completely updated to include information on the most current dental materials available.
- Glossaries at the beginning of each chapter define key terms used within the context of that chapter.
- Revised artwork gives this edition a fresh look, with high-quality illustrations and clinical photos to aid in the visualization of materials and procedures described.
- Reorganization and consolidation of chapters into four major book parts presents the material in a more efficient way: Part I describes the principles of materials science that control the performance of dental materials in dental laboratories, research laboratories, student dental clinics, public health clinics, and private practice clinics. Part II focuses on impression materials, gypsum products, dental waxes, casting investments and procedures, and finishing and polishing abrasives and procedures.
- Part III provides an updated scientific and applied description of the composition, manipulation principles, properties, and clinical performance of bonded restorations, restorative resins, dental cements, dental amalgams, and direct-filling golds.
- Part IV presents a basic and applied description of materials that are processed in a laboratory or dental clinic.
- Critical thinking questions appear in every chapter to stimulate thinking and classroom discussion.
- The overall design has been improved to provide a more visually appealing format.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.