ICD-10-CM/PCS Coding: Theory and Practice, 2013 Edition - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 1e
Completely updated and filled with user-friendly features, ICD-10-CM/PCS Coding: Theory and Practice, 2nd Edition provides a comprehensive introduction to ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS medical coding all in one practical, hands-on resource! Leading medical coding authorities, Karla Lovaasen and Jennifer Schwerdtfeger, combine basic coding principles with clear examples and challenging exercises to give you a thorough understanding of diagnosis coding in the hospital and physician office.
- Dedicated ICD-10-CM/PCS coverage thoroughly prepares you for the proposed October 2014 ICD-10 implementation date.
- ICD-10-CM/ICD-10-PCS Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting (OCGR) provide fast, easy access to the latest codes and examples for proper application.
- Integrated medical record coverage provides a context for coding and familiarizes you with documents you’ll encounter on the job.
- MS-DRG documentation and reimbursement details guide you through this key component of the coding process.
- Disease coverage with illustrations and coding examples helps you understand how commonly encountered conditions relate to ICD-10-CM coding.
- Numerous coding exercises and examples in each chapter break key content into manageable segments and challenge you to apply chapter concepts to solve problems.
- A&P content in each coding chapter includes full-color illustrations to clarify important anatomy and physiology concepts that are essential for proper coding.
- Drug data familiarizes you with medication names you may encounter in medical records for greater coding accuracy.
- UPDATED! Includes the latest ICD-10 code revisions to ensure you have the most up-to-date information available.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.