- A comprehensive approach covers all of the major topics of respiratory care for neonates, infants and children, including both theory and application
- Exam preparation is enhanced by the inclusion of the content in the exam matrix for the NBRC’s neonatal/pediatric specialty exam.
- A streamlined, logical organization makes it easy to build a solid foundation of knowledge.
- Unique Pediatric Thoracic Trauma chapter focuses on common forms of thoracic trauma, a condition that accounts for 5-10% of admissions to pediatric trauma centers.
- Learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter highlight what you should learn by breaking down key content into measurable behaviors, criteria, and conditions.
- Assessment questions in each chapter are written in the NBRC multiple-choice style as found on the neonatal and pediatric specialty exam, with answers, page references, and rationales available on a companion Evolve website.
- Case studies help you master the more difficult areas of care for neonatal and pediatric disorders.
- New learning features and a fresh look make this text easier to study and use.
- A companion Evolve website includes links to related sites for further research and study.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.