Canine Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy - Elsevier eBook on Intel Education Study (Retail Access Card), 2e
- Invaluable protocols for conservative and postoperative treatment ensure the successful healing of dogs and their return to full mobility.
- Printable medical record forms on the companion website, including client information worksheets, referral forms, orthopedic evaluation forms, and more, can be customized for your veterinary practice.
- Six completely updated chapters on exercising dogs define the basic principles of aquatic and land-based exercise and how they may be applied to dogs, as well as how physical therapy professionals can adapt common "human" exercises to dogs.
- Numerous chapters on therapeutic modalities, including therapeutic lasers, illustrate how physical therapy professionals can adapt common "human" modalities to dogs.
- Physical examination chapters offer comprehensive information on orthopedics, neurology, and rehabilitation.
- NEW! Companion website with 40 narrated video clips of modalities and exercises used by physical therapists demonstrates effective ways to treat various neurologic and musculoskeletal problems in dogs.
- NEW! Fourteen new chapters describe the latest advances in the areas of joint mobilization, rehabilitation of the athletic patient, biomechanics of rehabilitation, therapeutic lasers, and physical therapy for wound care.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"Overall, this book is an extensive text for anyone interested in pursuing canine rehabilitation and physical therapy or for those intending to refer dogs to such practitioners." Reviewed by: Helen Davies, University of Melbourne on behalf of Australian Veterinary Journal, March 2015
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.