Continuous discoveries in plant and crop physiology have resulted in an abundance of new information since the publication of the second edition of the Handbook of Plant and Crop Physiology, necessitating a new edition to cover the latest advances in the field. Like its predecessors, the Third Edition offers a unique, complete collection of topics in plant and crop physiology, serving as an up-to-date resource in the field. This edition contains more than 90 percent new material, and the remaining 10 percent has been updated and substantially revised.
Divided into nine parts to make the information more accessible, this handbook covers the physiology of plant and crop growth and development, cellular and molecular aspects, and production processes. It addresses the physiological responses of plants and crops to environmental stresses, heavy metals, and agrichemicals; presents findings on small RNAs in response to temperature stress; and discusses the use of bioinformatics in plant/crop physiology. The book deals with the impacts of rising CO2 levels and climate change on plant/crop growth, development, and production. It also offers guidance on plants and crops that can be successfully cultivated under more stressful conditions, presented in six chapters that examine alleviation of future food security issues.
With contributions from 105 scientists from 17 countries, this book provides a comprehensive resource for research and for university courses, covering plant physiological processes ranging from the cellular level to whole plants. The content provided can be used to plan, implement, and evaluate strategies for dealing with plant and crop physiology problems. This edition includes numerous tables, figures, and illustrations to facilitate comprehension of the material as well as thousands of index words to further increase accessibility to the desired information.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Dr. Mohammad Pessarakli is a professor in the School of Plant Sciences, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, at the University of Arizona, Tucson, USA. His work at the University of Arizona includes research and extension services as well as teaching courses in turfgrass science, management, and stress physiology. Dr. Pessarakli is a certified professional agronomist and certified professional soil scientist, and he is a United Nations Consultant in Agriculture for underdeveloped countries. He is the editor of four books, is the author or coauthor of 135 journal articles and 55 trade magazine articles, has written 18 book chapters, and is an editorial board member of the Journal of Plant Nutrition, Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis, and the Journal of Agricultural Technology.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Book Condition: New. New. US edition. Perfect condition. Customer satisfaction our priority. Bookseller Inventory # ABE-FEB-94008
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. New. US edition. Customer Satisfaction guaranteed!!. Bookseller Inventory # SHUB94008
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. New, US edition. Excellent Customer Service. Bookseller Inventory # ABEUSA-94008
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Brand New Original US Edition, Perfect Condition. Printed in English. Excellent Quality, Service and customer satisfaction guaranteed!. Bookseller Inventory # AIND-79148
Book Description Book Condition: New. Brand New Book In Mint condition. Shipping with Trackable Method. No APO/FPO Addresses Please. Bookseller Inventory # 9781466553286NHS
Book Description Book Condition: New. New. US edition. Perfect condition. Customer satisfaction our priority. Bookseller Inventory # ABE-FEB-6919
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. New. US edition. Customer Satisfaction guaranteed!!. Bookseller Inventory # SHUB6919
Book Description Book Condition: New. Brand New Original US Edition.We Ship to PO BOX Address also. EXPEDITED shipping option also available for faster delivery. Bookseller Inventory # AUSBNEW-79148
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. New, US edition. Excellent Customer Service. Bookseller Inventory # ABEUSA-6919
Book Description CRC Press. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 1466553286 Brand New Book in Perfect Condition.Fast Shipping with tracking number. Bookseller Inventory # KADA-ADHYA-4156