From the Author
Here is a taste of Debbie's fountain of youth raw bites, recipes and superfoods -- much more inside her inspiring, motivating rawlicious book!
The Merrill Magic Durian Persimmon Smoothie This gets my Merrill Magic five-star rating!***** One of my favorites, I call it the best aphrodisiac in the world...Heaven's angel food to put you in the mood. This drink is liquid love. ---- Ingredients ----
- My top 3 of 10 favorite super foods are spirulina, macca, and raw virgin coconut oil
- 4 pods of durian fruit, pits removed
- 4 persimmons (hachiya preferred--soft and ripe or fuyu hard or soft)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1⁄8 of an organic vanilla bean
- 2 T. raw cacao powder or raw carob powder, if you want a chocolate flavor
- Cacao nibs, shredded coconut, coconut butter or coconut oil to taste for topping of smoothie (optional)
Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth (about 30 sec.). Top with cacao nibs, shredded coconut, coconut butter or coconut oil. You can also decorate the side of the glass with slices of fuyu persimmons, great for dipping too! Or, for a frozen treat, freeze the mixture before adding garnish to make a delicious, nutritious dessert--just like ice cream. I scream, you scream, we all scream for Merrill Magic Durian Persimmon Ice Cream.
Debbie Merrill's Eat to Live Great RAW ON THE ROLL SYSTEM:
- "You'll get a mile of smile from this treat."
My 20 Tips to on how to change your behaviors for a healthier lifestyle!
From the Back Cover
- Chew all of your food well. Drink your solids, chew your liquids.
- Never eat late at night, before bed, or in the middle of the night.
- Real health foods are found in two aisles of a supermarket, the fruits and vegetable sections.
- Fruit is a dessert.
- Support your local farmers. Shop at Farmers Markets for organic raw fruits and vegetables. They are awesomely raw-some.
- Do not eat fruit and vegetables together at the same meal, except for pineapple and papaya.
- Always sit when eating.
- Drink fresh squeezed vegetable juice and/or wheat grass every day.
- If you don't change your taste buds, habits, and addictions, it will cost you your health. We are killing ourselves with our fork.
- Bless and put love in all your food.
- Spend as much time in the Good OutDoors (God). Nature heals.
- Surround yourself with loving people, friends, and family.
- Eat only RAW RIPE FRESH and organic fruits, vegetables, sprouted nuts, sprouted seeds, sprouted grains. Disease is formed in a non oxygen environment. Raw fruits and vegetables nuts and seeds create enzymes, nutrients, water and oxygen for the body.
- Exercise doing something you like one hour a day for six days a week
- Believe in and spend time with a higher force.
- Express yourself creatively and sensually in your work, fitness, and fun.
- Have fun every day.
- Forgive yourself and everyone else; Please don't hold grudges. It eats at you, and you eat at it.
- The slower you go, the faster you know. Slow down and live. You're not livin' if your driven.
- Not planning is planning to fail. Plan your meals and exercise and spiritual time daily. Prioritize your priorities.
"Debbie's boundless energy on skates and on the page can't cover up her brilliance, wisdom and insight when it comes to health and wellness in the vegetarian/vegan/raw lifestyle. Her new book, The Raw Truth to the Fountain of Youth, offers the readers all of that and then some! A very fulfilling read!"
-- Patricia Bragg, N.D., Ph.D, Health Crusader
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.